PDA

View Full Version : Pen kits

Shane Nyvall
08-11-2007, 11:58 PM
For those of you that turn pens, where do you get your kits from??

Mike A. Smith
08-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Most of mine come from Craft Supply or Woodcraft. Lots of other places though, as I'm sure you will hear...

Bernie Weishapl
08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I get mine from BearTooth Woods. He is good to deal with and definitely will take care of you.

Nancy Laird
08-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Berea. Their kits are sold through Craft Supply, Arizona Silhouettes, Woodworker's Supply, and many other retailers. If you go to their site, http://www.bereahardwoods.com/new/index.cfm, you can either by phone, mail, or e-mail, as their on-line ordering function has never been activated. One of the great things about Berea is that no matter how much you order, they charge a flat $4.00 for shipping.

Nancy (132 days)

Earl Reid
08-12-2007, 1:53 PM
I get most of my kits from Berea Hard wood. Nice people, that also support the FPP:)
Earl

Joe Tonich
08-12-2007, 9:10 PM
Shane, if you do call Berea........ask for Larry. GREAT guy, he'll definitely take care of you.

Nancy Laird
08-12-2007, 9:26 PM
Shane, if you do call Berea........ask for Larry. GREAT guy, he'll definitely take care of you.

I'll second that endorsement - he may sound gruff on the phone, but he's a peach.

Nancy (131 days)

Ralph Lindberg
08-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Berea. Their kits are sold through Craft Supply, Arizona Silhouettes, Woodworker's Supply, and many other retailers.....

Nancy (132 days)

Nancy, are you certain about Craft Supply, from what I have read over the Pen Turner forum; Berea, PennState and Craft Supply are the only (major) importers of pen kits. Both Berea and PennState bulk sell to other retailers, but Craft Supply does not

Shane Nyvall
08-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Well I just got a $15.00 coupon in the mail for Wood Craft and i was going to stock up on pen kits. What is the Wood Craft Gold??

Nancy Laird
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Nancy, are you certain about Craft Supply, from what I have read over the Pen Turner forum; Berea, PennState and Craft Supply are the only (major) importers of pen kits. Both Berea and PennState bulk sell to other retailers, but Craft Supply does not

Ralph, if you'll go to this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=48834&highlight=Berea, post #19, you'll see that some of the kits sold by CSUSA ARE Berea kits, just repackaged for the end retailer. CSUSA sells a lot of other imported kits, but they also sell Berea--if you'll go to their website and compare the pictures to the ones on the Berea site, the pictures are identical. They are using stock photos supplied by Berea in the CSUSA catalog.

Nancy (130 days)