PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Area Router Repair

Dwain Lambrigger
08-11-2007, 2:03 PM
All,

One of the tools my father left me when he died was an old craftsman router. I have used it once or twice but the whining sound I am hear while it's running leads me to believe there is something wrong with the bearings. This thing is something like 35 years old, but I would love to use for smaller tasks. I took the thing in to a Sears center, and they told me it would be at least $65.00 before they could tell me what was wrong with it, and if it could be repaired. That included shipping it out to who knows where. I guess I am not sure how much I should invest in an emotional attachment. I know there are some creekers out there in the Phoenix area. Do any of you have a reference to someone that may make the repair? I am willing to drop $50 or $100 dollars in it if I knew it was going to get back to good working condition. If not, I guess I can put it on a shelf and look at it occasionally. I am not really mechanically inclined, so I am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction.

Your help is really appreciated.

Scott Whiting
08-11-2007, 2:46 PM
Dwain

There is a motor rebuilding place in my complex. I am in Glendale. Give me a call during the week at 623-931-0633 and I can give you some more info.

Scott

Joe Jensen
08-11-2007, 6:53 PM
I've used AZ Armature. Their primary business is repairing handheld electric tools. They are by the airport, near 36th street south of Broadway. I think their minimum is a lower, but replacing bearings would cost around the $60 I think...joe