PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Laser Engravers

Phyllis Meyer
08-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone,

We are going to visit Epilog in the Golden area, also Colorado Heirloom, and if anyone else is in the area and wouldn't mind a couple of Wisconsin folks saying hello (we can bring cheese) let us know where you are and how to get there. We will only be there Thursday-Saturday...short trip but we will try to get in what we can. Anything to see in the area? Good restaurants?

Thanks,
Phyllis:)

Pete Simmons
08-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I did not go to Golden but I just got back from the Vail area.

I think the Vail area is about 1 hour west of Golden on I-70.

Take the drive out to Vail and take the Gondola up to the top about 11,000 feet. Cost about $18. Or maybe rent a bike for 1/2 a day and ride it down from the top. You can take the bikes on the lift (for some more $$) to get them to the top. About 7 miles with very little pedaling. Lotza brakeing!

Also on the drive to Vail you will go thru the Eisenhauer tunnel it is also at 11,000 feet.

The whole area from Golden to over 100 miles west of Golden is beautiful.

Not to insult anybody outside the stated 100 mile area. I bet it is all beautiful! I just have only been on that 100 or so mile stretch of I-70.

Joe Pelonio
08-10-2007, 1:36 PM
Be sure to bring back some of the free samples from Epilog!:D

If you do get a tour, I wonder if they'd allow pictures. Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

Grant McFarland
08-10-2007, 6:00 PM
Depending on what you like to do and see, there are tons of places to go. If you want a nice short hike, St. Mary's Glacier is perfect. It's about a mile and a half from the parking to the lake at the bottom of the glacier and the scenery is beautiful. For unique dining I recommend the Buckhorn Exchange near downtown Denver. It serves game meat from buffalo and pheasant, to elk and quail. It has been open since the late 1800's. Another good place downtown is the Chop House near Coors field. There is also a small Scottish highland games in Highlands Ranch south of Denver this weekend.