PDA

View Full Version : Makita Compressor Question - Am I just stupid???

John Hedges
08-10-2007, 9:57 AM
OK I got a new compressor. I ended up getting the Makita 2400 since I only want to run nail guns initially in a small shop and this unit is supposed to be very quiet. This is my first venture into the world of compressed air.

So I got the compressor yesterday and it looks pretty straightforward but I gotta say the manual STINKS. On the initial startup procedures it states to "Open the air receivers drain valve" (apparently to run it in a no load condition for 20 minutes to lubricate the bearings and pistons and seat the piston rings). The manual has no parts diagram so I looked here (http://www.makita.com/assets_product/MAC2400/parts_breakdowns/MAC2400.pdf) online to see if I could figure out what they were talking about, and I still havent got a clue. I thought they might be talking about the drain valve on the lower tank but I am not sure. Anybody got an idea.

Mike Goetzke
08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Looks like it should be item #47.

At the end of the day you need to open this valve too to vent the moisture build-up from teh tank.

Mike

Jack Morrow
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
OK I got a new compressor. I ended up getting the Makita 2400 since I only want to run nail guns initially in a small shop and this unit is supposed to be very quiet. This is my first venture into the world of compressed air.

So I got the compressor yesterday and it looks pretty straightforward but I gotta say the manual STINKS. On the initial startup procedures it states to "Open the air receivers drain valve" (apparently to run it in a no load condition for 20 minutes to lubricate the bearings and pistons and seat the piston rings). The manual has no parts diagram so I looked here (http://www.makita.com/assets_product/MAC2400/parts_breakdowns/MAC2400.pdf) online to see if I could figure out what they were talking about, and I still havent got a clue. I thought they might be talking about the drain valve on the lower tank but I am not sure. Anybody got an idea.

John,

Yep, that's the one. Just open the drain valve to allow things to seat. At least that's how I did my MAC 5200 last year and it's running fine.

Good luck,

Jack