PDA

View Full Version : jewelry box

Mark Valsi
01-24-2004, 10:26 AM
trying to post a pic of a jewlery box I made . . .

Mark Valsi
01-24-2004, 10:27 AM
here they are ???? the pics I mean !

John Miliunas
01-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Very, very sharp, Mark! Wonderful wood selection but, details...We NEED details, Mark. ie, size? finish? etc... Thanks for the post. Beautiful! :cool:

Tyler Howell
01-24-2004, 10:34 AM
There they go! Those CA boys raising the bar again.;)

Real nice Mark.
Is it the warm weather, first name Mark, or the coastal breezes?

Mark Valsi
01-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Don't even think for a minute that I am in the class of that other MARK on this forum. His work is way above mine !!!

The box is from a book, that is down in the shop right now and I'm too lazy to go find out the name.

Size is about 13 x 9

Finish, Watco Danish and Wax

Wood is some nice walnut and maple from 'REPRISE HARDWOODS'

This is a small 2 man company in So. Cal that goes up to Oregon and saves wood from the chipper. I bought it at the Costa Mesa WWorking show a few months ago and hope to see those guys again at the WWorking show in Ontario, CA in a week.

The wood is fantastic and the price is very very good !

Check out their web site at 'REPRISEHARDWOODS.COM'

Thanks for the kind words

John Miliunas
01-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Is it the warm weather, first name Mark, or the coastal breezes?

Naw...'Ya see, with the earth constantly shaking out there, it had a counter-effect and he thought it was really a straight-grained wood. It's totally by accident that it turned out that way... :D Yeah...Right. :cool:

Jim Becker
01-24-2004, 12:33 PM
I really like the fact that the walnut and the maple have that "tiger stripe" effect consistently. It accentuates the contrast without one wood overwhelming the other. Great job!

Ted Shrader
01-24-2004, 1:12 PM
Mark -

That is great work. Thanks for also posting the detains. The wood figure of each type complements the other very well. Good job selecting!

Well done,
Ted

Mark Singer
01-24-2004, 5:40 PM
Very nice work! Good details!!! Shows care and patience.

Jason Tuinstra
01-24-2004, 5:56 PM
Mark, that's a great looking piece. The use of figured walnut is a real nice choice with the maple. Thanks for sharing.