PDA

View Full Version : SMC in WSJ

Alex Berkovsky
08-10-2007, 9:10 AM
Great article in Wall Street Journal --> Cutting-Edge Executives (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118670860592593818.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_wee kendjournal)

Andy Hoyt
08-10-2007, 9:16 AM
Not only are we "being catered to" but we're also "wealthy".

Whatever happened to truth in journalism? :D

Jim O'Dell
08-10-2007, 9:18 AM
Nice read! Jim.

Nancy Laird
08-10-2007, 9:18 AM
Good article, and a great plug for the Creek!! Wonder if we'll get an influx of new members!

Nancy (133 days)

Keith Outten
08-10-2007, 9:41 AM
George Anders, who wrote the article for the Wall Street Journal called me last Friday and did a short telephone interview. He was primarily interested in our site statistics and our growth rate over the last twelve months.

It was nice of him to mention The Creek in his article and provide the link to our Forums.

Andy, I'm still poor :(

Brett Baldwin
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Its obvious they meant wealth in our chance to work with wood. Its just a wild coincidence that all the people featured in the article were extremely well-to-do CEOs and such.;)

Greg Cole
08-10-2007, 3:41 PM
Can't say as I fit the very wealthy CEO dubbing that WSJ has put on ww'ers. I am fortunate enough to be able to buy just about anything I need or decide I need... anyway.... woodworking is traditionally known as an expensive hobby to most people.
At least this hobby has practical merits versus many others that ya have little to show for the time & $ spent......

Jim Becker
08-11-2007, 3:33 PM
The former CEO of my company is an avid woodworker and in an interview with one publication a year or so ago, he stated that if he wasn't doing what he was doing career wise, he'd want to be a cabinetmaker. I've been pleasantly surprised at the number of coworkers, employees of competitors and customers whom all share in the love of working wood! And it's certainly a wonderful "mental health" activity for dealing the high-stress world we live in today in our work lives.

And that's very kewel to get a little exposure for SMC in the WSJ! Bravo!

Jack Hogoboom
08-13-2007, 5:36 PM
As one in a high-pressure profession, I have definitely imagined the joy of having my chainsaw with me at one of my more intense negotiating sessions. I may not know how to cut down a tree, but I would think a belligerant opponent would be a snap, at least after you got one of his/her legs.:eek: