PDA

View Full Version : 3 new pens

Curt Fuller
08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I got my new Delta Midi and tried it out on 3 new pens. They're all the Panache style from CraftSupplies. The first is Box Elder burl with some real fine turquoise in some of the voids if you look real close. The second is Cocobolo and the last is Douglas Fir burl.

Patrick Taylor
08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice work! Looks like you're putting that new lathe to work right... How do you like that kit?

Bernie Weishapl
08-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Curt those are some beauties. Looks like the midi is working well for you.

Allen Neighbors
08-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I like all three. But I love the cocobolo! Awesome!
I sure like that style of pen, too.

Don Eddard
08-10-2007, 4:36 AM
I agree with Allen. The cocobolo is gorgeous. I don't really like big pens myself, but a lot of people do. I'm sure whoever owns those pens will be very happy with them.

Steve Schlumpf
08-10-2007, 1:29 PM
Very nice pens Curt! While each is impressive in it's own right - the Douglas Fir burl really stands out for me! Nice work!

Mike A. Smith
08-10-2007, 2:00 PM
Very nice Curt! I like both burls and the Cocobolo is neat with the taper of the pen. But I'll add my vote to Steve's and go with the Fir.

Curt Fuller
08-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure if I like the Panache pens that well. They're good for showing off the wood because they use a bigger blank and when closed are almost entirely wood. But when open they don't look as classy as some of the other styles. Here's another one I did recently from some deer antler that is kind of sun bleached. I kept some of the natural antler surface but it's a big heavy awkward pen to use, about 1.5" diameter.