PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Ignore" list

Tony Laros
03-02-2003, 6:22 PM
I tried this option, but the "Ignore" member's posts still show, both as the starter of a thread and as a reponse. Has anyone else tested this option?

John Miliunas
03-03-2003, 8:12 AM
Hi Tony. After reading your post, I tried it. I put "Tony Laros" :D on my list. Now, when I go to this particular forum, I see your thread and name, but when I try to open it, there's a message telling me this person is on my "Ignore List". Never used one (ignore list), but I'm assuming this is the way it's supposed to work.

Just a couple minutes ago, I went back to my list and deleted your name from the list, went back to the Support Forum and was able to open your post normally.

BTW, the first time I tried it (opening your thread), besides the "ignore list" message, there was also an option, which allows you to click it and still see the actual post. I think that's pretty neat! :cool:

Tony Laros
03-03-2003, 1:05 PM
I thought that the "Ignore" member's name would also disappear from my viewing options. I tried what you did - same results: the name shows, but the post is optional. Nice feature!

Aaron Koehl
03-05-2003, 8:54 PM
The ignore list feature allows you to effectively ignore
someone's posts. By placing them on your list, their
thread topics will still show, but their actual post content will
be hidden-- a link gives you the option of viewing
that individual post.

_Aaron_