PDA

View Full Version : Delta CMS blade guard

Jim Podsedly
08-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I have had this Delta 10" CMS (36-220 type 3) for about 6 5 years. It has been a real workhorse. - my only Delta tool in the shop.

Well the other night the blade guard shattered. Talk about a nail biting experience - using the saw without a blade guard!!! :eek: Needless to say, i am not using it very much these days.

I called Delta and the reference # 106D and part number 1344550 are no longer available. They had me call a service center in MI and no luck and they also checked all other service centers in the US and no luck....

I cannot imagine one of the most important parts is discontinued with no substitute available.

Any ideas besides chucking it and buying a 12" Dewalt? :D

Thanks,
Jim

Michael Schwartz
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Sounds like this was the result of a kickback? You might want to check out the arbor flange for runnout as well.

Don't use the saw without the guard, Guards on chop-saws are not like tablesaw guards, They are manditory 100% of the time. two or three hundred bucks for a new saw is cheaper than a plastic surgeon.

Unless you can find a broken saw with a matching guard, just get a new saw.

If you are on a budget and need one cheap Ryobi makes a 10" saw for a hundred bucks, as welll as a few other manufacturers.