PDA

View Full Version : wood working magazine jack pot

Greg Leighty, Chattanooga TN
01-23-2004, 9:10 PM
A friend from my church, who also enjoys wood working told me to stop by and he would give me some walnut boards. I am getting ready to start making some chess boards for christmas gifts. It is never to early to get started. I stoped to see him after work today with my four year old son. We started talking and before we knew it a couple of hours had went bye and it was dark outside. He is older and doesn't see very well after dark and asked me to come bye in the morning to get the wood. I told him no problem. You can't complain about free wood. On my way out he asked if I wanted some old magazines. I said sure, I love looking through mags. He gave me three huge box's of stuff. It looks to be about 10 to 15 years worth of Woodworker, Handyman, Hands On and Weekend Projects magaines from the early 80's to the mid 90's all in mint condition. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I will enjoy looking through all of them.

Fred Voorhees
01-23-2004, 9:29 PM
Happy reading Greg. I have a lot in common with the older gentleman. I can never throw out any of the magazines that have to do with what I enjoy. Thusly, I have an every increasing inventory of magazines and trade newspapers that are every so slowly taking over garage space.

Fred

Terry Hatfield
01-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Not to worry Greg. My wife has thought that about me for years. :D

Terry