PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Gorman's Site?

Alex Yeilding
08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Was just looking to review something I have read at Jeff Gorman's site (http://www.amgron.clara.net/) , and can't find much of the material that was previously there, on dovetailing, plane fettling, planing technique, etc. Guess I could find them on one of the web archives. But does anyone know what happened to the bulk of his material? Did I miss some announcement of this? Is he maybe planning to publish these in book form?

Kevin French
08-08-2007, 5:13 PM
I saw that a few weeks ago when I went to check something.

Alex Yeilding
08-08-2007, 5:54 PM
Darn. I was hoping it might have been a temporary glitch. Unfortunately, that site has blocked archiving as well, so unless someone has saved it and can post it elsewhere (if there are not copyright issues), it might be lost.

Kevin French
08-08-2007, 6:28 PM
Check your PM

lowell holmes
08-13-2007, 4:46 PM
Jeff is reworking his site and it does not have all of the content it did have. I had an email from him recently. He stated that he is still there, but it's not the same.

Pam Niedermayer
08-14-2007, 2:06 AM
Well, I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've got what I think is a complete copy of his old site, taken as insurance when another site failed a couple or three years ago.

If Jeff wants the pages, please tell him I'll be more than happy to help.

Pam

Kevin French
08-14-2007, 4:15 AM
Pam you're not alone. All of my favorite sites, B&G , Disston, Jeff's... are saved as PDFs.
As long as it's for personel use I don't THINK it's a problem.

Pam Niedermayer
08-14-2007, 8:46 AM
Oh, I don't think there are any problems with my having a copy (Firefox allows me to save complete pages as html); but I don't want to imply that I'll send copies to anyone but Jeff, intellectual property issues and all that.

Pam