PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Caps??

Bill Cunningham
08-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Has anyone here ever come up with a decent jig for doing ball caps? The peaks would be fairly easy, but the fronts are hard to position and keep flat..

Bill Cunningham
08-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, that's encouraging! 134 views and no one has any Ideas? .. The damn things are going to be harder than I thought :eek:

Craig Hogarth
08-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Are you trying to engrave a ball cap?

Christian Kaplan
08-10-2007, 1:43 AM
Hi,
i tried it! and its nice!!!!!! i make some photo and put it in here.

Mike Hood
08-10-2007, 9:10 AM
I dye sub ball caps, but don't see why you'd wanna engrave one?

Bill Cunningham
08-11-2007, 9:09 PM
I dye sub ball caps, but don't see why you'd wanna engrave one?

Well Mike.. The blue ones in particular will turn a light colour something like denim when you etch them.. It's just the point, that 'everybody' either subs, them, transfers them, or screen prints them.. The laser can do them nicely, I just gotta get em to lay a bit flat, and stay there...
Denim caps or blue fabric is nice and it's good for advertising...

Mike Null
08-11-2007, 9:34 PM
Bill

It's easy.

Make an applique out of denim, laser engrave and cut to the shape you want and glue or sew to the cap.

Bill Cunningham
08-11-2007, 9:58 PM
I've done that in the past, but it always has that 'patched hole' look...

Bob Cole
08-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Once you laser it, does the denim tend to come apart after awhile? I've seen several examples on denim, but was curious if it compromises the stitch.

Bill Cunningham
08-14-2007, 9:56 PM
Once you laser it, does the denim tend to come apart after awhile? I've seen several examples on denim, but was curious if it compromises the stitch.

Nope.. Just use enough heat to bleach the blue out of the denim, but not enough to damage the threads.. The 'blue' jackets are best, But I have done black ones.. They turn a light brown colour,,