PDA

View Full Version : Winkum, Stinkum & Snot

Bart Leetch
08-07-2007, 6:23 PM
Weldwood Original Contact Cement mmm mmm yum the good stuff.
Hey man whatcha all doin down there standing on the floor, thud well now then I'm back down to earth. What a way to fly & never even leave the shop.

Well it could be that way if I didn't have plenty of ventalation fans blowing the fumes away & a 100 CFM fan in the ceiling sucking the air up & away & pulling fresh air right in around where I'm working.

I am recovering cabinet doors for the apartments today.

Marc Casebolt
08-07-2007, 7:09 PM
I haven't used that green goop since I tried the water based stuff. Can't think of the name right now, but it works great. You have probably seen it any place they sell the stuff your using. Keep those fans blowin'

Marc

Bart Leetch
08-07-2007, 7:39 PM
Everything I've heard from laminate intallers is that the water based stuff doesn't work so good on a re-surface intalling top laminate over old laminate even if you sand to rough it up.

Brent Dowell
08-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Not sure if I have the old or new stuff, but it sure does stink and kind of melted the little 1.98 touchup paint roller and plastic tray I got from the borg today.

Put the laminate on the edges and top of a new router table I'm building.

Where I live, the wind always blows a good 10mph through the shop in the afternoon, so no headaches.... Dang....

BD