Wish the heat was higher...

Maybe the a/c wasn't on...

Had to go to the john...

Need a drink of water...

?

?

?

Scroll down

YES, it really IS like this in Iraq! Can you help? Please? Thank You!

Steve Inniss
01-23-2004, 5:53 PM
Kevin, Those images are unbelievable. It certainly does drive it home.

Mike Leonard
01-23-2004, 5:56 PM
Kevin,

Been there done that. Probably gonna do it again. Maybe we should incorporate one of those pictures in a Freedom Pens flyer. Might be just the attention getter we need.

As an active duty soldier with 19 years of service I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that is supporting this program. Some of you may not know how important it is for a servicemember in the field, especially in time of conflict, to know that the people back home really care about them and what they are doing. Everyone has really rallied around the flag on this one. Thanks!

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-23-2004, 6:05 PM
Mike, these images were sent to me by a very close friend that has many more of these pictures. This is just a hint of what our Troops are enduring so that we have the freedom to do what we do. These images are not shown in the media.............probably not the image they are trying to project, would be my guess? Anyway, OUR Soldiers are doing a thankless job and doing it very well, as those that came before them did. If these images don't touch your heart and impel you to do something to support our Troops, then I cannot think of anything that may. Kinda makes me PROUD to be an AMERICAN! :)

May God Bless our Soldiers!

Kenn Hill
01-23-2004, 7:29 PM
Mike, these images were sent to me by a very close friend that has many more of these pictures. This is just a hint of what our Troops are enduring so that we have the freedom to do what we do. These images are not shown in the media.............probably not the image they are trying to project, would be my guess? Anyway, OUR Soldiers are doing a thankless job and doing it very well, as those that came before them did. If these images don't touch your heart and impel you to do something to support our Troops, then I cannot think of anything that may. Kinda makes me PROUD to be an AMERICAN! :)

May God Bless our Soldiers!

Kevin,

I am planning on presenting a possible news article to our local paper about this project. Don't know yet exactly what I will try to present. How can I get permission to include one or more of the pics? :confused:

Kenn

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-23-2004, 9:26 PM
Not sure Kenn, I will contact my buddy that sent them to me, and see if he may know the orgin of the pictures. That would be great Kenn, I will see what I can find out.

Kenn Hill
01-24-2004, 8:49 AM
Kevin,

Thanks. Just let me know about the pics. I feel I will be able to get some news coverage locally. :rolleyes: Has anyone come up with a possible list of ideas and information that we could copy and edit to present to local medias?

Kenn

Noah Alkinburgh
01-24-2004, 6:47 PM
Kevin,

Two of those photos are AP (associated press) photos and one of them is a Reuters photo. Any good news paper probably already has a liscense to use them. Interestingly though, we might not have the liscense to have them displayed here. :) Really! I know for AP owned photos (these ones might be still have fees associated to the photographer as they are credited as well) the permission fees to reuse them start around $200 a pop. (I work with this kind of stuff alot)

Noah

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-24-2004, 6:55 PM
I really have no idea abou this sort of thing Noah. If this may be a problem, maybe we should delete this post. I do know that these, and other photos like them are all over the internet. I know several people that have gotten these, and others, in emails over the past month or so. I can contact one of our Moderators and have the post deleted if necessary. I know I am not ready to buck up $200 a pop to display these photo's................that is just more money that could go to the Freedom Pen Project. Perhaps displaying them here for a non commercial use/viewing purpose would be OK? I don't know, I am not a lawyer, but it makes sense to me. I'll contact Ken and check. Thanks Noah!

Noah Alkinburgh
01-25-2004, 11:59 AM
I doubt very much that we will get in any trouble having them here, you are absolutely correct that they are all over the internet. If you wanted to use these photos for anything though that is when you would have to pay. Just wanted to give fair warning about people using them to promote things without taking the time to research it.

Noah