PDA

View Full Version : Sources for Belt Sander Replacement Dust Bag?

Brad Holst
08-07-2007, 2:34 PM
Does anyone have a good source for tracking down a replacement dust bag for an old Sears belt sander? Sears says the parts are no longer available.
Thanks for any leads, Brad

glenn bradley
08-07-2007, 4:14 PM
If you could give us a pic of the old one or a diameter of the port it connects to and how it connects we could help you better.

Chris Fierro
08-07-2007, 5:00 PM
I was able to pickup a local used belt sander for next to nothing because the original owner had lost and could not replace the dust bag. I took a plastic 1.25" to 2.5" shop vac adapter and cut the smaller diameter end off entirely. I then cut the square shoulder shape to match the sander's opening. Some hot glue and voila. I now have shop vac hookup for my sander. Not a perfect solution, but it works for me, since I have a dedicated vac for power tools. May be a worthwhile solution for ya.

Brad Holst
08-07-2007, 5:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will work on getting a picture loaded. The port has an OD of 1 7/16 and in ID of almost 1 1/4. The port is vertical and there is a horizontal screw through the middle of the port near the opening. I was able to find an online diagram and it showed some type of metal hanger attached to the bag.
Brad