PDA

View Full Version : Shipping costs

Tom Sweeney
01-23-2004, 4:28 PM
We have a whole bunch of folks from all over the country donating blanks, kits & turned pens. That's a lot of moving stuff around the country & then to Keiths for final disbursment.

Don't know if anthing will come of it but I put a call into UPS HQ in Atlanta to see if they might be interested in helping out in any way. A full sponshorship would sure be nice - but maybe we can at least work out some kind of a discount from them.

What do you think - is it worth pursuing? Is there anything specific I should know to ask / tell them when they call back? Someone is supposed to call me back later today. If anybody has any pull with management of a shipping / courrier company maybe we can help defer some of the shipping costs.

Are we offering anything to sponsors? I figure we could at least include them in the web site under a sponsor page, if they desire. Just another thought rolling around - thought it might be worth pursuing.

Keith Outten
01-23-2004, 5:17 PM
Tom,

Another great idea, I hope it bears fruit. Your right in that we will incur some major shipping charges when you add it all up. We could sure use some help from UPS if they are willing.

Yes, we have already planned to list all sponsors on our web page and a full disclosure of their donation, either monetary or services.

If you have the time to pursue this by all means go get em.