PDA

View Full Version : Blade Sharpening

Paul Zonneveld
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Question about Forrest's sharpening service. Have any of you used their sharpening service? I have several Freud blades I need to have sharpened and have not been happy with the last local service I found in Phoenix. Anyone have expierience with the Forrest service and for those in Phoenix any sharpening services you were very happy with?

Mark Rios
08-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I've never used him but this guy is the sharpening guru according to most folks here. Right in your neck of the woods too.

Scott Whiting
Scott's Sharpening Service
5214 W Luke Ave., Ste 7
Glendale, AZ 85301
623-931-0633
800-594-7262

I think that he's a member here also IIRC.

Dave Falkenstein
08-07-2007, 1:38 PM
I too live in the Phoenix area and I take all my blades to Scott (as mentioned by Mark, above) for sharpening. He does a great job, is priced reasonably, and sells a wide variety of blades and bits if you need them. I highly recommend Scott.

Jim Becker
08-07-2007, 2:15 PM
Yes, I've used Forrest's service and was quite pleased. But if I were in Phoenix, no question I'd call on Scott for the work.

Scott Whiting
08-07-2007, 4:50 PM
Thanks guys. BTW Dave only pretends to live in the Phoenix area, when it's warm he stays up Near Flagstaff.:D :D

Sean Troy
08-07-2007, 5:36 PM
When I lived in the valley, I would use no one else but Scott. He took the time to show me his whole shop and how the sharpening process works. I never realized how much can go into the process.

Gary Keedwell
08-07-2007, 6:01 PM
I too live in the Phoenix area and I take all my blades to Scott (as mentioned by Mark, above) for sharpening. He does a great job, is priced reasonably, and sells a wide variety of blades and bits if you need them. I highly recommend Scott.
Hey Dave....Where you been hiding?:cool: :)

Gary K.

Don Selke
08-07-2007, 7:17 PM
Dave is hiding up north in the cool pines as previously stated. He does not like the hot and humid weather here in the Valley of the Sun. We are in the Monson season ( thunderstorm weather for the non Phoenix people)
I have used Scott and excillent service on my Freud blades. He is in the north west valley.
Hey Dave: I only made it to Chicago for 2 1/2 weeks this summer. :eek: :mad: