PDA

View Full Version : Delta Unifence gloat....

Grant Davis
08-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I spent my lunch hour today going to 3 different Lowes to look for a Delta Unifence Model 36-U30 that I read about on another forum, and had no luck. I was about to give up because I could not get an associate at either of the 3 stores to check the computer, when finally I found a very nice sales associate that checked other stores in the Columbus area for me. She told me that there was only one listed in the 11 Columbus area stores. I called that store to ask about it when I got back to work but the girl I talked to could not find it. I decided to drive the 30 minutes after work to look high and low for myself. After much searching and about ready to give up....I FOUND IT!

Now to get someone to get it down off of the third shelf for me......after 40 minutes of waiting for it to be retreived from the shelf, I took it to the check out and $69.61 later I loaded it in my car and away I went.

For the picture police....

Chuck Lenz
08-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I dunnoooo Grant, I think the picture police will want to see the contents of the box and the reciept. ;)

Tim Morton
08-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Bummer thats only a 30" fence...not really very useful for most cuts. But if you want to send it to me, i'll give you what you paid for it plus a few bucks for shipping:cool: :D

Nice job!!!

BTW...that fence runs $322 plus shipping at amazon right now...

Ken Gartin
08-09-2007, 3:22 PM
I spent my lunch hour today going to 3 different Lowes to look for a Delta Unifence Model 36-U30 that I read about on another forum, and had no luck. I was about to give up because I could not get an associate at either of the 3 stores to check the computer, when finally I found a very nice sales associate that checked other stores in the Columbus area for me. She told me that there was only one listed in the 11 Columbus area stores. I called that store to ask about it when I got back to work but the girl I talked to could not find it. I decided to drive the 30 minutes after work to look high and low for myself. After much searching and about ready to give up....I FOUND IT!

Now to get someone to get it down off of the third shelf for me......after 40 minutes of waiting for it to be retreived from the shelf, I took it to the check out and $69.61 later I loaded it in my car and away I went.

For the picture police....

Grant - What's the item # on that fence? (not the model number). The item number should be on your receipt. My Lowes guy's having trouble over here...:lol

Grant Davis
08-09-2007, 9:50 PM
Grant - What's the item # on that fence? (not the model number). The item number should be on your receipt. My Lowes guy's having trouble over here...:lol

My Lowes receipt says #237666

Jeff Raymond
08-10-2007, 7:02 AM
Very disappointed in the much-vaunted Biesemeyer fence I just got.

I am considering getting the ol Unifence and tossing out the Biesemeyer. Can't figure out what all the enthusiasm for them is all about. See what happens when you follow the mob?

Ken Gartin
08-10-2007, 9:06 AM
My Lowes receipt says #237666

:)

Got mine!!! $69 +tax! Woo hoo!!!

Now my fence is worth more than my saw...:rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/kgartin/0810070740-01.jpg

Matt Meiser
08-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Very disappointed in the much-vaunted Biesemeyer fence I just got.

I am considering getting the ol Unifence and tossing out the Biesemeyer. Can't figure out what all the enthusiasm for them is all about. See what happens when you follow the mob?

What don't you like? I love mine--no frills but it is accurate and stays put. Couldn't say that about the fence on my previous Craftsman. The Unifence does seem to have some nice features like being able to slide it back so you can use it for starting cross cuts.

Grant Davis
08-10-2007, 11:03 PM
:)

Got mine!!! $69 +tax! Woo hoo!!!

Now my fence is worth more than my saw...:rolleyes:

Ken,
How was the installation of the new fence. I have not had time to even get mine out o the box as of yet?

Grant

Ken Gartin
08-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Ken,
How was the installation of the new fence. I have not had time to even get mine out o the box as of yet?

Grant

I couldn't believe how easy it was! The hardest thing I had to do was enlarge the holes on my table and even THAT was easier than I thought it would be. It really is a very well designed fence (from every aspect including installation)

AWESOME!