PDA

View Full Version : How to select a single object in a stack of them?

Ed Lang
08-05-2007, 7:25 PM
I have found duplicate lines stacked on top of each other and all the same color in a .cdr file.

How can I select say the top one only if there are a more than one as well as the ones that don't have stacked lines? I want to end up with a .cdr file with only a single line.

OR- how to I search for this answer and I'll go looking for it.

ed

James Rambo
08-05-2007, 7:48 PM
ED, do a search on the creek for "extra lines" there is some info there.

Larry Bratton
08-05-2007, 8:03 PM
I have found duplicate lines stacked on top of each other and all the same color in a .cdr file.

How can I select say the top one only if there are a more than one as well as the ones that don't have stacked lines? I want to end up with a .cdr file with only a single line.

ed
Ed, don't they show up as individual objects in your object manager?

George M. Perzel
08-07-2007, 7:44 AM
Hi Ed;
Check out "No Dups"- script file which eliminates duplicate objects, coutesy of Shaddy. Good Luck
http://www.shaddysengraving.com/laser/NoDupes.gms

Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Gary Hair
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM

ed

Select the objects and group them, CTRL-G, then ungroup them, CTRL-U. This will put them all in the same location in Object Manager. Then just select the one you want to delete and "delete".

Gary

Bruce Volden
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Ed,

I usually "nudge" one line, select the rest and delete them. Then "nudge" the line back to it's position, then go on from there. I'm sure there has to be an easier way~just not sure if I could learn it, what being an old dog/new tricks thing! :D :D

Bruce