PDA

View Full Version : Uni-T-Fence for Delta Unifence

Michael Sapper
08-05-2007, 5:29 PM
I'm new this this forum and so far the information has been great!

I have a Delta contractor saw with the 48 inch extension table and the OEM uni-fence guide. Due to limited space in my 1 car garage size shop, I mounted my router into the table extension and have always used my Inca (a very old one) for fence required operations.

I was considering the purchase of the Uni-T-Fence ( http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm) for a general upgrade to the OEM Uni fence. But it occurred to me that I could remove the left side mounted OEM fence, mount the Uni-T-Fence to the RIGHT side of the uni-fence base, slide it over to the inlayed router and use this for my router fence when items such as feather boards, board buddies or similar items need to be used!

Anyone own a Uni-T-Fence that can provide comment? Or make suggestions to my planned use of this "upgrade" fence.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Chuck Lenz
08-05-2007, 6:25 PM
Since the Unifence only clamps in front and not on the back also I don't think I'd be a big fan of useing featherboards or board buddies on the fence for downward presure, pushing the fence up. As far as a router fence the T-Track would probably work good because you can put a face on it.

Mark Engel
08-05-2007, 6:35 PM
I replaced the Shop Fox fence on my Grizzly cabinet saw with the Uni-Fence. I also got the Uni-T-Fence at the same time.

I have used board buddies and feather boards with the fence. It works ok, but the fence tends to lift when you run the stock under it.

I made a sacrificial fence out of 2 pieces of 1/2 plywood. I mounted some 1/4-20 x 1" bolts in the fence with recessed nuts on the blade side. It mounts and unmounts real easy for cutting dadoes, rabbets, etc. and there are no clamps to get in the way. The sacrificial fence is 1" thick so the fence scale can still be used pretty easily, Just add one inch.

Chris Rosenberger
08-05-2007, 6:43 PM
I have the Uni-T fence. it works well on both the left & right of the Uni fence base. Feather boards also work well with the fence.

Vernon Taylor
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Have the Uni-t-Fence,I use small plastic feather boards as hold downs,no probloms. My saw is a uni.

Mike Heidrick
08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Uni-T fence looks great. When I owned a Delta saw I had the Unifence. I built the Christopher Merrill Bigafence. Do a google search on bigafence to see the plan. It was basically free since I had the MDF and bolts laying around. Very good solution while you decide on the Uni T fence for purchase.

Aaron Beaver
08-09-2007, 8:51 AM
I bought the Uni-T-Fence for my board buddies and other feather boards and I haven't had any problem with it. I don't see the lifting up off the table that others have mentioned..