PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 question

Abdul Baseer Hai
08-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi all
I am having a problem in previewing .EPS clipart in corel X3. I was able to preview the clipart in the "import" dialog box but cant do it anymore.
It makes it very difficult to access the right graphic as i have to cycle through the complete collection.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Abdul

Frank Corker
08-05-2007, 2:54 PM
Hi Abdul, I have the same problem, but it seems to me that it is not the Corel but the type of .eps file. They will generally all import. but only some are visible. I have about four different programs which I had intended for viewing just eps, more than a third cannot be seen in the normal way whilst the other two thirds are fine.

I don't have the solution, I'm just letting you know not everybody can, so I'll be watching this thread for more suggestions on eps viewers

Avi Maor
08-05-2007, 4:37 PM
You can try ST Thumbnails Explorer 1.2 as a viewer.
Avi

Carl Sewell
08-05-2007, 6:56 PM
In X3, try Tools>Scrapbook>Browse and then navigate to the folder with your EPS files. Choose the Large Icon option to see a larger preview.

Abdul Baseer Hai
08-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Thank you all. I am trying all the suggestions but am having no luck yet. will keep you posted.
abdul

Mike Null
08-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Abdul

Don't know that this will work but you can get a free down load of Rom Cat at the Graphics Unleashed site. That program offers great previews of Corel clipart. It may work for EPS files as well.

Abdul Baseer Hai
08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I tried Romcat a while ago but could'nt get the hang of it.
Avi: The St Thumbnails is working for me. Thanks.

I still maintain that I could preview rhese files in X3, in the past.
Results of any brainstorming sessions will be welcome
abdul

Bill Cunningham
08-07-2007, 9:34 PM
At one time I could preview .cdr and some .eps files in windows explorer thumbnail view, then I upgraded to service pack II and they all vanished.. Then one day like magic, they all came back.. and now their gone again.. Grrrrr..