PDA

View Full Version : We did, and have, for 30 years!

Jim O'Dell
08-05-2007, 9:07 AM
To borrow a little from the Beatles, 'it was 30 years ago today' that TLOML and I got married. Lot of things have changed, but not our love and commitment to each other. We do get on each other's nerves a little more than we did back then. :D Yeah, I'd do it again in a heat beat! Jim.

Nancy Laird
08-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and your wife, Jim. I hope you have something very special planned for today. You both deserve it!

Nancy

Gary Keedwell
08-05-2007, 10:22 AM
To borrow a little from the Beatles, 'it was 30 years ago today' that TLOML and I got married. Lot of things have changed, but not our love and commitment to each other. We do get on each other's nerves a little more than we did back then. :D Yeah, I'd do it again in a heat beat! Jim.
Congratulations...LOML and I have 3 more years for our 30th. Are you guys still doing the "heat beat"?:confused: :D ;)
Gary K.

Jim O'Dell
08-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Nancy and Gary. Gary if you mean the cooler than normal temps, yes for the most part. It's in the 90s the last couple days. Supposed to have a chance for the first 100 this week, unless that has changed again.:rolleyes: Jim.

Tyler Howell
08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
That's a major in this day and age :cool:
Well done.

Jude Kingery
08-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Warmest congratulations, enjoy! We're two years behind you and would agree most wholeheartedly - 'would do it again in a heartbeat.' Celebrate! Dance to the music! (3-dog night?) Congrats! Jude

Ken Fitzgerald
08-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Congratulations Jim to you and the LOYL!

Sharon and I will celebrate our 39th later this year. What amazes me is the way our relationship has changed over the years.....and it's only gotten better!

Again....Congrats!

John Schreiber
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Congratulations. I still feel like I just got married and it will be 22 years in a few months.

Jim Becker
08-05-2007, 1:10 PM
Woo-hoo! Definitely a cause for celebration! Congrats to both of you!

Wes Bischel
08-05-2007, 1:19 PM
WOW! Congratulations! You have my respect Jim. Your 30 years together is much more of an achievement than most can do in a lifetime! You and LOYL are in a very elite group.

Wes

Ron Jones near Indy
08-05-2007, 2:54 PM
Congratulations to both of you! May you have many more!

James Rambo
08-05-2007, 7:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to you two. My wife and I had our 30th in February. 4 days after her Birthday and 2 days before Valentines day. Every year it is a challenge to find something to commemorate each of them but I'm still here so maybe I'm doing OK..

Belinda Barfield
08-06-2007, 7:51 AM
Belated congrats Jim! What an accomplishment! Wishing you many, many more happy years together.

Justin McCurdy
08-06-2007, 9:07 AM
Congratulations Jim. It would be great if more couples stayed together that long. Consider yourself a role model.

Brian Weick
08-06-2007, 9:50 AM
Way to Go Jim- I like to see that people still stay married and get through the smooth times (600 grit) as well as the rough times (80 grit) together - nothing is perfect in any relationship and to many give up because they think the wood is greener on the other pallet - not the case and you should be proud of the fact that you both can work things out and share your lives together! I commend you and your wife and it is something you both can and should be proud of such an accomplishment, it isn't always easy to share your life with someone for so long unless you both respect and communicate well together! :)
Brian