PDA

View Full Version : Another Media Report - Long

Ken Salisbury
01-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Bright and early this morning (5:00am) I was a guest on the "Morning Folks" show aired on the local CBS affiliate in Huntsville , Alabama. This show is extremly popular in this area. The show anchor, Robert Reeves was really enthused to the point that he kept me on for the entire half hour duration of the program. There were the usual breaks for headline news, weather and commercials but after I got home and looked at the recording, it ended up that actual "talking time" about Freedom Pens was 13 minutes which is a lot of "air time".

All of the aspects of the Freedom Pen program were discussed at length. I hope this generates some interest here and results in some donations to the program.

I stopped at a local convience store to buy some coffee on the way home and a lady in the store paying for her gasoline said "hey I just saw you on TV, God bless you all for what you are doing".

After I got home there was as message on my answering machine from a lady who wanted to know more. I returned her call and she wanted to buy a sample pen that she could show around at her church in order to solicit donations. It was apparent she was an elderly lady. She stated she couldn't afford to make a donation herself but wanted to help. When I offered to send her a free sample and a flyer she was insistant on paying for the sample. She lives 50 miles West of here in Red Bay Alabama and actually placed her call (5:24am) before the TV show was over which shows the coverage the show has.

Incidents like those above makes me feel warm all over.

I was also told prior to leaving the station that someone would contact me about possibly doing a follow-up about the Freedom Pen program.

I have the program recorded on my TiVo system and will try to get someone to edit the commercials, etc out and put it on a CD.

Todd Burch
01-23-2004, 10:52 AM
You go guy!!

Noah Alkinburgh
01-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Ken,

That is fantastic! You are a trooper. I printed out your other picture and am passing it around asking for donations to help the old man. It is working even better then then when I asked about supporting our troops :D

Sorry couldn't resist. Really appreciate the work you are doing on this. I will be in touch about getting some of the kits at some point. Have a million things happening right now so I don't want to committ to something I can't follow through on right now.

Noah

Glenn Clabo
01-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Way to go! Don't forget to take a breath. :D

Ken Salisbury
01-23-2004, 2:25 PM
I was also told prior to leaving the station that someone would contact me about possibly doing a follow-up about the Freedom Pen program.

As promised, I received a telephone call from the News Director of the TV station late this morning inviting me to sit with the 2 news anchor people live on the 5:00 pm news broadcast next Friday Jan 30th to discuss the Freedom Pen program with them.