PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile

Frank Parker
08-04-2007, 10:32 PM
It's around 10 month since I've been on this forum. Last year I turned about 300 pieces, this year I've turned about 20. Part of the reason is I bought a new boat, so you can guess where I've been spending my time, out catching kings and kokanee. The other reason is my shop turns into a oven in the summer, but I just solved that problem by putting a air conditioner in, so I've started turning again, mostly segmented pieces.
The first one has 43 pieces and is 14-1/8" by 2" by 1/4" thick, it's Yellow heart, Purple heart, and Bloodwood, I put the circles in using off center turning.
The second one has 109 pieces and is 9-1/8" by 3-1/4" by 1/4" thick, It's Paduck and Yellow heart. both pieces are finished with Tung oil and buffed using the Beale system.
I have 3 more almost ready, I'll post them when I get them finished.
Frank

Steve Schlumpf
08-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Beautiful work Frank!! Looking forward to seeing more!

Bernie Weishapl
08-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Wow Frank those are cool. Those are real beauties. Very well done.

Tom Sherman
08-05-2007, 9:46 AM
Very cool work Frank.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
08-06-2007, 4:07 PM
Hi, Frank. Great turnings. Love the colors. I lived in Lake County for twenty some years. Had a pontoon boat on the lake and fished often. I was Director of Pupil Services for the county schools. I have been in Texas for about twenty years helping take care of an aged mother-in-law, now deceased. Since I am now at the place where I need help with things, guess I will be coming back. Won't be able to afford more than a garage since homes there are four times what they are here. Maybe I'll get to look you up after I sell my home and get moved.