PDA

View Full Version : epilog stamp driver

James Rambo
08-04-2007, 5:32 PM
I have the need to make a new rubber stamp. since I got a new hard drive (after crash) I don't have the epilog stamp driver installed. I went to the epilog site and downloaded the driver but I dont know what to do with it. The instructions say - download to floppy and go to control panel, new printer, install. but then it tells me there is no info for the printer in the file. What did I miss? THANKS

Mike Null
08-05-2007, 7:59 AM
I can only guess since I don't have an Epilog but there should be a window in the "install printer wizard" asking if you have the disc. Say yes and insert the disc and follow the instructions.

If rubber stamp is the only thing not working you must have the rest of the driver installed in which case the printer should be listed.

On my previous machine, a ULS, I had to uninstall all the driver files to update to a newer version.

Frank Corker
08-05-2007, 10:04 AM
If you are having problems with drivers, the best way is to start fresh, remove all of the Epilog drivers, reboot the machine. Then choose add printer and go from there. You might have them installed, the only problem is that your computer can't see them.

Stephen Beckham
08-05-2007, 12:22 PM
James,

Does your print driver look like the attached pictures?

If so, the ADVANCED tab in the first picture will give you the second picture. On the second picture you'll notice STAMP function as the third radio dial in the Raster Type.

If you do not have the GUI driven drivers - you'll need to do like Frank stated and load the whole new driver. Be carefull the new print drivers for the Epilog are not compatible with the old FIRMWARE drivers on the laser. You'll need to boot up your laser to make sure what version FIRMWARE is running before you download the appropriate print driver.

Let me know if this confuses your more or gets you going in the right direction.