PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Pens...I want to help!

Sheila Crosby
01-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Hi, everyone. I am glad to be a part of this "Operation Freedom Pens" endeavor, and I want to help. I have been reading this forum for the last week or so, and I want to play too.

I have 200 pen blanks coming (Black Walnut, Cherry, and Pecan), and I can get some more exotic types if anyone is interested. Please let me know when and where to send them. I don't have time to turn anymore, but this is a small way I can participate.

Thanks, and I am glad to be here amongst such greatness!

Sheila Crosby
St. Louis, MO

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Thank You for your Generous Offer! It just so happens that I live just across the River in Troy, Illinois, and I work in St. Louis at Forest Park College. Small world, huh? :) I am sure we have turners that need blanks, and if they contact you, you can send these blanks to them. If not, I can accept the blanks and see to it that they get to the turners that need them. Either way, thanks SO MUCH for participating in the Freedom Pen Project, it is good people like you that will make our efforts a success! Contact me if you wish, or check back often, I am sure someone can use the help you offer. Thanks again, and it is great to have you as a member of Sawmill Creek! VERY fine group of Woodworker here, as you will see. WELCOME! :D

Earl Reid
01-23-2004, 9:19 AM
What is the correct size of the blanks? I will make a bunch of them.

Thanks , Earl

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-23-2004, 9:36 AM
Earl, thanks for joining in with your contribution, it is very generous and is very much appreciated. For most of the Pen Styles, a blank 3/4" square and 6" long is fine. Some different styles may require a blank that is slightly larger, but to my knowledge most of the Pens that are being turned for the Freedom Pen Project will do just fine the 3/4" x 3/4" x 6" blank. I know that there are many folks that can use blanks, I am sure we will hear from some. Thank again Earl, and we are happy to have you involved in the Freedom Pen Project! ;)