PDA

View Full Version : Christian Graphics

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-03-2007, 3:52 PM
First I want to say we are by no means trying to offend anyone, by talking about being Christians, for this I do not apoligize, I just hope nobody takes offense.

We need help from anyone that will. I think I've told everyone about our goals but just in case someone has not heard about it . . . We first went into the engraving business, then sandblasting, all this to open and support a Christian Coffee Shop dedicated to the elderly here in town. It is a long story that actually started about 5 years ago and I won't bore you with the details again but to tell you we've now been open with the engraving about one year, the sandblasting a few months.

Now here is my request. We have an opportunity to do some wholesale work for a company. We've done some with some of the graphics we got froms several different places, here included, some we created. If any of you have any Christian designs you want to share, it would be much appreciated OR if you know where I can PURCHASE some that would be good to.

Thank you and God Bless,
James & Zelma

Frank Corker
08-03-2007, 6:04 PM
Hi again, I've uploaded some religious graphics for you, the file was a bit too big to post here. Click on this link, choose FREE option and you should be able to download it without problems.

http://rapidshare.com/files/46809623/Religious.zip.html

Just to let you know there are various images 147 of them and the file size is 20mb. Hope they help.

Brian Conklin
08-03-2007, 7:23 PM
Boy, it's a real shame when one has to warn others of their faith so as not to offend isn't it?

The country I live in was founded on Christian principles and now with our politically correct world it seems to many that the Christian is some sort of evil empire bent on distroying the this world we live in.

Sorry for the rant..........oh wait, no I'm not.

Good luck finding your images and it sounds like you're doing a fine work with the coffee house. It is my hope you make plenty of money to open more, filling the needs of the elderly (which, by the way, I am sneaking into).

Brian

Scott Perry
08-03-2007, 9:59 PM
Frank, ya mind if I download these, too?

Frank Corker
08-04-2007, 7:33 AM
Scott, feel free. They are there for all.

Stephen Beckham
08-04-2007, 12:26 PM
First I want to say we are by no means trying to offend anyone, by talking about being Christians, for this I do not apoligize, I just hope nobody takes offense.

We need help from anyone that will.

Please don't take offense to this - I chuckled when I read you intro. Actually, I'm chuckling so hard now it's hard to type.

Okay - so read it again... Hope your not offended... WE NEED HELP FROM ANYONE THAT WILL.

I assumed the word "BE" at the end and read it as you needed help from anyone that will be offended...:eek:

Maybe the Creek can give us a religious emblem in the POST ICONS list so we can warn those that would be offended to not click on a post as this, but do understand your reservations in the way you asked for help...

Anyway, I've got a nice piece on my store computer that I will post it next week when I'm back in the office. It's a hand drawn cross with several added effects - thorns, bleeding heart and a dove. The young lady draws horses for her major art focus, but woke up out of the clear blue one morning and "felt called to draw what she had in a vision in her sleep" to paraphrase her comments. I've enclosed a photo of a finished product I used it for. She has given me permission to share with anyone who is a christian that likes the piece. It was larger than my scanner, so I had to piece it back together in several scans - but it's minor flaws that are not detectable. I donated this piece to a church auction for their new church building fund. They never told me how much it earn, but came back for a couple more to sell post auction...

Take care

Joni Campbell
08-04-2007, 4:27 PM
I can't seem to download the files...I just wanted to peek at them...

Frank Corker
08-04-2007, 5:31 PM
Joni which files are you talking about?

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-05-2007, 2:01 PM
Actually, we'll take help from "anyone" God sends our direction . . . offended or not, but now in my defense I separated that by paragraphs . . . didn't I?

The piece you posted is absolutely beautiful, you can tell this came from her heart.

Thank you for the laugh, I needed that today.

Thank you all for being so kind.

God Bless,
Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

Larry Bratton
08-05-2007, 8:14 PM

We need help from anyone that will. I think I've told everyone about our goals but just in case someone has not heard about it . . . We first went into the engraving business, then sandblasting, all this to open and support a Christian Coffee Shop dedicated to the elderly here in town. It is a long story that actually started about 5 years ago and I won't bore you with the details again but to tell you we've now been open with the engraving about one year, the sandblasting a few months.

Now here is my request. We have an opportunity to do some wholesale work for a company. We've done some with some of the graphics we got froms several different places, here included, some we created. If any of you have any Christian designs you want to share, it would be much appreciated OR if you know where I can PURCHASE some that would be good to.

Thank you and God Bless,
James & Zelma
Zelma,
I bought this CD from Dover this last week. I don't have it yet, but you might be able to use it. It was only $14.95 and looks to have some good illustrations in it -Bible Illustrations http://store.doverpublications.com/0486995631.html

Stephen Beckham
08-06-2007, 5:39 PM
Here is a picture of the Cross. Please let me know if this doesn't work for anyone.

Steve

Frank Corker
08-07-2007, 1:25 AM
Hi Steve, I did reply to your PM I hadn't realised you'd already posted the file. So to enlighten you, Steve was asking if the graphic on the picture above was inverted. The answer is yes, it is inverted. It's a very easy mistake to make and sometimes a hard one to 'get your head around'.

I have attached the zip file which contains the original picture (contained in Cross2.zip) and one which needed to be done to make the graphic work properly. With pictures, if the colour of the workpiece is dark or black, the image needs to be printed as a negative. That means the original picture of the dove and cross, need to have a black background and not a white background. Only the subject remains as it was before you make it negative.

Hope this helps you all, Steve I hope you don't mind this being aired for all to see.

Bob Cole
08-07-2007, 1:32 AM
What is this engraved on? It is a great looking piece that is very touching.

Stephen Beckham
08-07-2007, 7:02 AM
Frank - of course not - it helps us all and that's why I asked in case you had missed the thread...

Bob - it's on blue marbled acrylic from Laserbits... Stuck to a 8X10 Oak Finish (fiber core) plaque. Interesting thing is - the plaque was a throw away because of a flaw - the blue marble covered the flaw and made what would be a couple dollar piece in the trash a recoverable item for sale - or in this case a donation to a worthy cause.

Steve

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I want to thank you all for the responses, I still say you are an awesome people, a true blessing.

Stephen - I am not sure what I will use this cross for but it will be something very special. Thank you so much from caring enough to share this with everyone.

I promise you guys we will return the favor someday!

God Bless you all in all that you do for Him!
James & Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

Stanley Waldrup
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I just ordered the Dover disk.. They lowered the price to 5.98 on a lot of there Clipart....
Stanley

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-14-2007, 6:42 PM
Hey, guys you all are such a blessing, you'll never know how much your response has meant to us. Your graphics are wonderful. I can't wait to be able to use all of them.

To know that you went to the trouble of finding or drawing these just because of our cry for help, is awesome.

You guys are just great, I pray that you will be blessed, each and everyone of you for all that you do for Him!

God Bless,
Zelma (Psalm 18:2)

Larry Bratton
08-14-2007, 7:28 PM
I just ordered the Dover disk.. They lowered the price to 5.98 on a lot of there Clipart....
Stanley
Well Stan..I got mine but I paid $14.95 for it. The images are good high res bitmaps. Convert them to greyscale and they should engrave very well. I just got in some cast acrylic I intend to try out some of them. You could also print them if desired. I use Photoshop CS3 and may even colorize them and print wide format. Dover has some nice stuff. I have a 44" Canon IPg8000 printer and I have bought several of their CDs for printing posters etc.

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-18-2007, 2:07 PM
I had someone ask if I had the Christos symbol, I did not but I went to some other friends on another site and was able to get this. Hope this helps someone.

God Bless,
Zelma (Psalms 18:2)