PDA

View Full Version : What' on your....

Mike Jones NM
08-03-2007, 8:54 AM
walls?
Just kind of curious as I build my shop.
What besides wood "stuff" do you all have on the walls of your shop?
I'm thinking, I have a couple of pictures, some plaques, and maybe a couple of old antique traps that I may hang.

Joe Pelonio
08-03-2007, 9:27 AM
Shelving, a couple of quilts that my wife made, a clock, thermometer, calendars (2), business license. A couple of good sized wall areas hard to reach over the stairwell are still empty, so I'm looking forward to suggestions.

Kent Fitzgerald
08-03-2007, 9:44 AM
Homer Simpson "Beer o'Clock" (his eyes follow the Duff bottle on the second hand as it goes around).

Autographed photo of Norm Abram (freebie from a Delta promotion).

Usually a Lee Valley, Woodcraft, or old car calendar.

Thermometer / hygrometer.

Five dollar bill that a buddy gave me for a turned pen (my first and only pen sale). Mounted with duct tape for that classy look.

Some drawings, notes, and "plans" from my 5 yo.

Matt Meiser
08-03-2007, 9:49 AM
My shop has 12' ceilings and the wall space above about 8' is pretty much unusable so I have a variety of antique tools, some antique-like signs, some shelves with some of my childhood toys (now considered antiques :eek:) and a couple posters from the auto show. Down below it is pretty much all business.

Bruce Boone
08-03-2007, 9:59 AM
Pegboard. Lots and lots of pegboard. Probably 10 or 12 panels.

Jim Becker
08-03-2007, 10:30 AM
My original Penn State Alumni Association PA License Plate and a calendar. Oh, I have two white boards in the shop, too, but they are on interior doors, rather than the very small amount of wall space I have. Stereo receiver is up on the wall on a shelf and the speakers are also hung on the wall. Completing the decorative design is a circa 1950's wall clock (school room style) that I've had "forever"...but I recently replaced the original electric motor and works with a battery-operated and radio synced mechanism as the former finally gave up the ghost after so many years. (The clock originally came from my fathers business office when I was a young child)

Kyle Kraft
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
French cleat on 2 walls, more to come later, re-purposed corn signs, a John Deere clock with harvest scene on it, decimal equivalent-tap drill chart, small cabinet with screw jars in it, clamp rack, shelves with machinist tool boxes.

TYLER WOOD
08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
dirt, dust, wood chips, stains from wet wood, spider webs, bugs caught in the spider web........

I really need to clean!

Jason Beam
08-03-2007, 12:21 PM
So far, nothing decorative. Lots of sawdust, though.

I don't have much room for any non-utilitarian things on the walls. Place is a tad cramped! At only 8x23 with 6'3" ceilings, I make use of every cubic inch just to get stuff done :D

Mark Pruitt
08-03-2007, 1:11 PM
Pegboard, DC hose, cabinets, shelves, tool racks....not much room to hang anything at all.:(

Ben Grunow
08-05-2007, 8:40 PM
Street signs, mounted deer and bear, patterns for past projects, old tools of interest (bit and brace, hand saws etc). My lumber rack runs to the 12' ceiling and I access it by climbing on my TS outfeed table. There is a lot of stuff there that is rarely used so it works for me.

Jude Kingery
08-05-2007, 8:48 PM
A little bit of all of the above: pegboard, shelving, a street sign, thermometer and clock, an "we're open, welcome" sign, a couple of antique tools that belonged to my Dad, magazine pictures of pottery pieces . . . interesting and fun thread! Jude

Steve Clardy
08-05-2007, 9:14 PM
Mainly tools, jigs, templates.

But....in the office.
Snapon clock
My Cummins diesel certificate.
My ASE Truck certificate.
My Woodmizer Million board feet plaque
An aerial picture of our 31 acres, before we remodeled the house and put up fences, etc.
Snapon Mirror

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-07-2007, 2:47 PM
The stuffed head of my neighbor's barking dog.

TYLER WOOD
08-07-2007, 3:26 PM
I was wondering where my dog went!!!:eek:

glenn bradley
08-07-2007, 4:09 PM
walls?
Just kind of curious as I build my shop.
What besides wood "stuff" do you all have on the walls of your shop?
I'm thinking, I have a couple of pictures, some plaques, and maybe a couple of old antique traps that I may hang.

I can spare no wall space! OK, maybe I do have a clock/thermometer and a few fire extinguishers. . . . Oh wait, that's not the kind of stuff you meant. I do have a small collection of old WWing ads and pictures and such but unfortunately the Garage-mahal is not the right environment for them.