PDA

View Full Version : New kitchen Cabinets

Dan Hodkinson
08-02-2007, 8:53 PM
Howdy boys, I have been watching and reading this sight for a while now and you guys out there are great.Here are some pictures or the kitchen cabinets I just finished. From standing trees to the finished product, My wife and I sawed them on our mill, air dried, and machined. This is all Blue Pine from Eastern Oregon.
Thank you guys for all the info.
Dan

Jim Becker
08-02-2007, 9:01 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Dan! Those a really unique looking cabinets...I bet the new kitchen is gonna be great!

Dan Hodkinson
08-02-2007, 9:52 PM
Thank You Jim. Yes they are unique.
Dan

Anthony Anderson
08-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Looks great Dan. Those will go well with the feel of the log home. Good feeling to have cabinets that you took from trees to a finished product. I would like to see some pics of the finished kitchen, and house, when you get it done. Thanks for sharing. Bill

Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome and glad to have you here.

Don Bullock
08-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Welcome Dan. You've sure done a great job there taking your trees from logs to a finished product. Like Anthony, I'll be interested in seeing the whole kitchen when it's finished.

Jim Hill 2
08-03-2007, 7:48 AM
Dan, Thats quite a journey you have taken with these trees. I would love to do the whole process like you have done, and hope that when I do, I get results that turn out as good as yours have. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure your family will get a lot of use out of them. Good job!

Jim

Scot Ferraro
08-03-2007, 4:42 PM
Hi Dan,

The cabinets look great and I bet that they smell awesome too -- I love the smell of freshly cut pine! Something you will appreciate for years to come.

BTW -- welcome to the Creek...

Scot

Kendall Landry
08-03-2007, 6:42 PM
Very Very Nice!!!

Dixon Peer
08-03-2007, 7:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the cabinets. Is that blue color in the pine from having been in a mill pond? My father was in the lumber business here in the East, and he used to bring in "blue stained" pine for sale sometimes, but it resulted from logs having been in the water for too long and was the beginning of the growth of mold.

I think it's interesting looking, and you did a nice job. I'm just curious about the material.

Charles Jackson III
08-03-2007, 7:39 PM
Very nice cabinets.

Alex Elias
08-04-2007, 5:06 AM
Welcome. Seems lile someone was bussy doing something very nice. I like your work and seems to be in harmony with the house. Great job.
Show more pics when done

Brad Naylor
08-04-2007, 5:27 AM
Nice job on the cabinets Dan, but the timber phases me.

When I was in the pine furniture business, any timber with blue staining in it was put on the fire!

I must have burned tons over the years!

Cheers
Brad

Dan Hodkinson
08-04-2007, 8:37 AM
Thank You all for the reply. This is why I love the people from the "Creek".
What a great bunch of people. Blue Pine out here in the West is a beautiful wood in the right place. Log home owners love the flow of pine in there homes. It does not have to be kept in a mill pond to blue. Let nature do it for you. Once again, Thank You All.
Dan

Von Bickley
08-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Dan,

Welcome to "The Creek".... Sure would like to see more pictures of your home.