PDA

View Full Version : Cherry-O gloat

Pete Jordan
08-02-2007, 8:31 PM
I finally got around to visiting a local tree service. I bought these three logs and the burl for $40 delivered to my driveway!

A very nice fellow who I hope to get to know better!

The logs are 9 feet long and the big one has a diameter of 30"

I think I need a bigger saw!

Bernie Weishapl
08-02-2007, 9:02 PM
Pete I don't think that mustard or general will handle that cherry. You better put it on a truck, ship it to me so I can put it on the DVR. It will handle it just fine.:D:cool:;):rolleyes:

Nice gloat Pete. That is a fair amount of cherry. Ought to keep you off the streets a day or two.

Steve Schlumpf
08-02-2007, 9:34 PM
Quite the haul Pete! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

joe greiner
08-03-2007, 6:26 AM
Bought?! BOUGHT?! Oh; 9ft x 30in; yeah I guess it's worth that for the delivery. Yes, a bigger saw might help.

BTW, nice looking driveway.

Joe

Jim Podsedly
08-03-2007, 7:48 AM
Pete, real nice haul! Should be some real nice bowls in there.
Jim

Brett Baldwin
08-03-2007, 2:26 PM
That's a fair price for delivered to your house I'd say. Overall, I definitely paid more for what I got last week though it was fun to fell the tree myself.
Better get that roughed out this weekend so that we can see some finished stuff in a few months. You didn't have any other plans did you? :D

Tom Sherman
08-03-2007, 4:57 PM
Nice gloat Pete. Lots of Cherry there

George Guadiane
08-03-2007, 8:32 PM
I finally got around to visiting a local tree service. I bought these three logs and the burl for $40 delivered to my driveway!

A very nice fellow who I hope to get to know better!

The logs are 9 feet long and the big one has a diameter of 30"

I think I need a bigger saw!
Great deal (no matter what the others might imply)... DELIVERED - WOW!
Make some beuatiful pieces with it and take some pictures

Bob Hallowell
08-04-2007, 9:25 AM
Pete,
Nice gloat but those logs are big and when the fly off your lathe you better DUCK!

Bob

Pete Jordan
08-04-2007, 2:32 PM
Bought?! BOUGHT?! Oh; 9ft x 30in; yeah I guess it's worth that for the delivery. Yes, a bigger saw might help.

BTW, nice looking driveway.

Joe

The reasons I bought the wood are many. First, I'm just a little fella with a bad back. Second, I don't own a truck or anything to get big logs on a truck.
Third, it was nice to just go to this guy's lot and pick out the wood I wanted without having to deal with limbs or anything like that. Finally, I made a new friend and I am promoting local business.:D :D :D

joe greiner
08-04-2007, 8:46 PM
The reasons I bought the wood are many. First, I'm just a little fella with a bad back. Second, I don't own a truck or anything to get big logs on a truck.
Third, it was nice to just go to this guy's lot and pick out the wood I wanted without having to deal with limbs or anything like that. Finally, I made a new friend and I am promoting local business.:D :D :D

Unfortunately, there's no smiley for tongue in cheek. ;)

Joe