PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Problem

Joe Pelonio
08-02-2007, 6:56 PM
I thought I'd mention this for Keith's documentation.

The picture below shows what it was doing (rastor problem) intermittently.

Per Epilog tech have reversed the x axis encoder ribbon cable and the problem stopped, so ordered a new one ($25).

The ribbon cable only uses 3 of the wires, so reversing it uses 3 different ones since it has many more than that.

http://members.aol.com/bisjoe/0001.jpg

Frank Corker
08-02-2007, 8:35 PM
Thanks for the information Joe. Looks nasty and hope it doesn't come my way, but a bit more knowledge like this will save me eating more hats!

Joe Pelonio
08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the information Joe. Looks nasty and hope it doesn't come my way, but a bit more knowledge like this will save me eating more hats!
:D I still chuckle whenever I think of you eating your hat. You're a good sport, Frank!

Carol VanArnam
08-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Good thinking on saving the Epilog.... I like to have smart friends and I've added your name to the list......

Keith Outten
08-03-2007, 6:51 AM
Joe,

Another maintenance item for the books. I expect my Epilog Legend will have the same problem soon due to its age. I will add this to my list.

Mike Null
08-03-2007, 7:10 AM
I had that problem on my old ULS. I attributed it to either too many files in the memory or a corrupted file. It was not persistent and If I cleared the file or re-started the machine it went away.

Bill Cunningham
08-04-2007, 10:37 AM
This happened 'once' on my machine, then never happened again.. I had two small reverse engrave door signs to do, one was perfect, then the other had that problem.. I down loaded the file again, and have never had the problem again.. Had a weird one the other day though, I was getting a whole bunch of 'noise' in the file.. A normal 6" wide raster file was traveling the entire width of the table, and burning a week dotted line.. The file looked like it was full of junk on the LCD.. Again I attributed it to a corrupted download.. Sent it again, same thing.. So, I unplugged the T1 connection from both ends, cleaned it with a bit of DNA plugged it back in and the problem has not shown up since.. I guess it pays to clean the cables once in a while.. this one had been plugged in and never disconnected for over 3 years..

Scott Shepherd
08-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Same thing. Switched cables, controller board, entire i-beam.