PDA

View Full Version : Need to find cabinetmakers book

Gary Sostrin
08-02-2007, 1:32 AM
I have taken a few woodworking classes a few years ago on cabinetmaking, and luckily I have been following my notes. Unfortuneately I am not a natural and probably will never be and I am ok with it and I want to learn more about cabinet making. One of the topics had to do with web frames and others on furniture ratios. Are there any books out there anyone can recommend that covers these topics as well as other cabinet making in detail and not glossed over.

Thanks to all for the info replies on other topics its great. Want to try out NK drawers soon.

Paul Greathouse
08-02-2007, 6:57 AM
Gary

Check out Danny Proulx's books. He covers both Euro frameless and Traditional face frame cabinets. You can find his books on Ebay, Amazon or on the website, cabinetmaking.com. The books are reasonably priced and very informative. I have collected a pretty sizeable library of cabinetmaking books over the years and his are the most helpful to me.

There are also other cabinet related products for sale on the website.

Ron Hedrick
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
You should check out a book by John L. Feirer "Cabinet Making and Millwork". This is an older out of print book. It was recommended on this website. They were not wrong. This book is excellent. If you will go to Alibris.com and do a search you will find this book. I found one in like new condition for about $9. Well worth it.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Tage Frid has a series of books covering joinery and furniture making.

Taunton press printed a book by Andy Rae......Furniture and Cabinet Construction.

Gary Keedwell
08-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Mark Adams from the school of same name, has a series of DVD's that are excellent. Google his school site.

Gary K.

Sam Shank
08-02-2007, 1:34 PM
Jim Tolpin

Jules Dominguez
08-02-2007, 2:09 PM
"Chests of Drawers" by Bill Hylton, Taunton Press

"The Best of Fine Woodworking Traditional Furnmiture Projects", Taunton Press

Reg Mitchell
08-02-2007, 6:16 PM
This is a great book. The man knows cabin http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=1891
Reg

Ed Falis
08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm with Reg's recommendation. I have several books, and this one is the one I wish I'd bought first.

Scot Ferraro
08-03-2007, 4:44 PM
Taunton Press has several books that are good reference books, Tage Frid's books are good as well.

Scot