PDA

View Full Version : An Invitation to View

Malcolm Tibbetts
08-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Hi All,

In an attempt to recruit new AAW members, I have posted a very short video on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=YpqEHUbBg_E

The more people that view the video, then the higher the video rating will become and then the likelihood of more viewers. Maybe we can pick up a few more AAW members. If you've got the time, please take a look.

Also, your comments on the video are welcome.

Thanks, Malcolm

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Great video.....Makes me want to join.......I really should......making chips and curlies with a lathe makes on a turner doesn't it?

Well done Malcolm!

Benjamin Dahl
08-02-2007, 7:45 AM
Thanks Malcolm. It would be easy to spend a long time looking at that video and the others that come up in the related search.
Ben

Pete Jordan
08-02-2007, 8:49 AM
It looks great Malcolm!

I know you have books but have you made a video? I would love to see that!

Pete

Steve Schlumpf
08-02-2007, 9:39 AM
Good video Malcolm! Hope it helps with your new member drive!

Bernie Weishapl
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Great Video Malcolm.

TYLER WOOD
08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I was actually talking to my wife about that tuesday night. I need to join as well. Then when I get enough experience, I can also do demos at my turner's club.

Bill Wyko
08-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Not working for me. Can someone post it as a link please? I signed up as a member a couple weeks ago. Haven't recieved any info yet though.

Ed Davidson
08-02-2007, 4:26 PM
Bill, here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpqEHUbBg_E

Randy Dear
08-02-2007, 5:09 PM
very good job on the video....i have passed it on to several others

Jude Kingery
08-02-2007, 5:26 PM
Good job, Malcolm!

I enjoy the AAW membership greatly due to the magazine, lots of great pictures, articles, and turning tips. I'm sure there are other benefits as well, but the dues are worth the magazine alone! Jude

Malcolm Tibbetts
08-02-2007, 6:54 PM
Great video.....Makes me want to join.......I really should......making chips and curlies with a lathe makes on a turner doesn't it?

Well done Malcolm!

Ken, how much more arm-twisting do you need?:) :) :)

Bill Wyko
08-02-2007, 7:54 PM
Nice job. I like the segmented piece in that little blip in the beginning. I also like the Albino piece in the end. Was that done in one piece? Unfortunatly I've had no sound since the computer crash I had a couple weeks ago. I'll check it out on the home comp too. Thanks for the link. I gave it 5 stars and added it to the favorites.

Fixed it. (Turn up the volume on the speaker itself:o )

Brodie Brickey
08-02-2007, 8:46 PM
For those that aren't registered with the AAW yet, each year there is a resource directory that comes out. This year it included a DVD with highlights from last year's (2006) symposium. Pro Turners like Mike Mahoney and others' demonstrations were taped. That alone was worth the price of membership, never mind the quarterly magazine with tips and projects.

It will help you grow as a turner.

George Guadiane
08-02-2007, 9:38 PM
I guess this means I should keep paying those dues??

Pat Salter
08-03-2007, 12:49 AM
hmm, I guess I need to add that to our club website.....hope that's not a problem, Malcolm.

Bill Blasic
08-03-2007, 8:14 AM
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink! There are so many reasons that a woodturner should join the AAW but it's hard to remember them all. But as stated the quarterly magazine itself is a great reason in itself.

Malcolm Tibbetts
08-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi All,

I thought that I'd give you an undate: The last time that I checked, there had been over 1500 views of the video. Not much compared to YouTube standards, but I think very good for a YouTube woodturning video. Now if we could just get a few of those people to join the AAW. :) :) :) :)

Ken Fitzgerald
08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi All, Now if we could just get a few of those people to join the AAW. :) :) :) :)

Is that a hint?:rolleyes:

Tom Sherman
08-04-2007, 8:13 AM
Is that a hint?:rolleyes:

Hinton is in West Virginia, only about 75 miles away come on down Ken.