PDA

View Full Version : If ya got a spare prayer

Al Willits
08-01-2007, 9:30 PM
Here in Mpls the Lake street bridge has collapsed, this is a major bridge that crosses over the Mississippi river and it happened during rush hour, its a major disaster for us here and many are still unaccounted for, maybe a little prayer for those who are involved would be appreciated.
Thanks much.

Al

Bruce Page
08-01-2007, 9:33 PM
You got it Al. I was just watching a live feed from a local news station. This is a major tragedy.

Nancy Laird
08-01-2007, 10:29 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!! We have a nephew and his wife and children in Minneapolis! I'll need to make a phone call! This was the first I knew of it.

Ten minutes later: we've just reached the nephew in Minneapolis and they are all okay. Thank You, God.

Robert E Lee
08-01-2007, 10:37 PM
You got it.
Bob

Kim Spence
08-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I live in the Twin Cities area too. This is a terrible tragedy, up to 50 cars submerged in the river. My sister in law was on that same bridge about 30 minutes before it went down...thank god she is OK... my prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Dave Trask
08-02-2007, 3:32 AM
Prayers and blessings from PA. to victims, family of the victims and
rescue workers in this MINNEAPOLIS disaster.

Strange seeing a bridge collapse in this way, have they ruled out
terrorists?

Randy Klein
08-02-2007, 5:55 AM
Strange seeing a bridge collapse in this way, have they ruled out
terrorists?
According to DHS, this was not a terrorist attack.

Belinda Barfield
08-02-2007, 7:32 AM
Glad to know that you and yours are safe Al. Those of you in Minneapolis have been in my thoughts and heart all night.

I will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts in the coming days. I add my prayers to the others offered up for those injured, the families involved, and the resucue workers.

Al Willits
08-02-2007, 8:04 AM
Thanks all.
I missed Tyler's post on this, sorry was a bit distressed at the time.

Death toll has hit 7 last I heard and I guess the only good thing is the bridge was down to one lane for maintenance, otherwise considering it was rush hour, hundreds more could have been involved.

Like Tyler, the wife and I drive over that bridge quite often, along with most of our friends, so we're waiting to find out who is missing.

I see the nation news services are carry the story, but try
http://www.kstp.com/ if you you'd like the local version.

Al

Bonnie Campbell
08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
My prayers definitely go out to all those involved. Had a hectic few hours of tracking down my family members in Minneapolis. Fortunately the one brother that would of been on the bridge around that time was home sick.

That accident was just horrific!

TYLER WOOD
08-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Prayers were sent when i saw it on MSNBC.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Thoughts and prayers on their way from Idaho!

Dan Forman
08-02-2007, 4:03 PM
Al,

Responded to Tyler's post, hadn't realized you live there too. Glad you are safe. My thoughts are with those affected by this tragedy. I used to live in Mpls. as a child, and again a couple of times in the 70's.

Dan

Al Willits
08-02-2007, 5:01 PM
Dan, Tyler and I only live a couple of miles apart, we see each other occasionally when we can get our schedules to match.. :)

Al