PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for My Neighbors Please

Tyler Howell
08-01-2007, 9:01 PM
http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Prayers for My Neighbors Please
A major bridge collapsed just miles from my home. I use this route at least every other week for my venture north.
Full impact not known at this point.
Thanks
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20079534/?GT1=10252 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20079534/?GT1=10252)

Brent Dowell
08-01-2007, 9:19 PM
You got it. My heart goes out to those folks....

Jim O'Dell
08-01-2007, 9:32 PM
Prayers from here too. I just tried to call a friend there who purchased one of our puppies in 1995, but the phone line is busy. Jim.

Leigh Costello
08-02-2007, 12:02 AM
God be with everyone affected.

Ron Jones near Indy
08-02-2007, 1:04 AM
I just saw this on the 11:00 news. Prayers go out to everyone in the area. There will be a special prayer for you and your friends Tyler.

Belinda Barfield
08-02-2007, 7:36 AM
Glad to know that you are safe Tyler. I thought of you and Al immediately when I saw the news report. Will keep you, and all of Minneapolis, in my thoughts in the coming days of recovery from this tragedy.

Matt Meiser
08-02-2007, 7:37 AM
This is just unbelieveable. Luckily my brother and his wife aren't in Minneapolis right now so we know they are safe. Most of their friends live and work on the south side of the city so hopefully they weren't there.

Jim Becker
08-02-2007, 8:19 AM
It was a very scary thing for me when I saw that news item as I drove over that bridge a few months ago when I was traveling from the airport to a speaking engagement at the convention center in St Paul...I hope that those missing are found soon so their families get some closure that that those injured recover quickly.

Mark Pruitt
08-02-2007, 9:43 AM
Years ago I used to wonder about how long the infrastructure we depend on could be maintained. It's downright scary to think of the possibility of such things as this happening again and again.

God help us all.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2007, 9:57 AM
Tyler,

I was thinking about you when I saw that on the news early yesterday evening. Glad to know you and Al (I clean shops) are okay. I've traveled over that bridge a couple of times.....25+years ago to work on CT scanners near there and about 10 years ago when the LOML wanted to watch the Twins and Boston IIRC play. She wants to see a ball game in every major league park. I want 1 beer in every major league park.

Thoughts and prayers for those involved and their families!

Tyler Howell
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks all.
Checked in with most friends and family We're all AOK.
It's real unsettling how dependant and..... vulnerable we are.:o
Lots of stories coming out but it will be a while before all the smoke settles.
I guess the key is.
"Live Like You Mean It":cool:

Jonathon Spafford
08-02-2007, 1:58 PM
Will be praying!!!!!!!

scott spencer
08-02-2007, 2:16 PM
Glad you're well Tyler....have said several prayers for the victims.

I saw some of the pics on the web and couldn't help but wonder how many prayers of thanks were said by the folks who's cars stopped close to the edge...

Dan Forman
08-02-2007, 3:54 PM
Tyler, thought of you when I heard the news, glad you and yours are OK. My dad was just out there visiting in June. My thoughts are with those who are suffering, and those beyond.

Dan

Mark Stutz
08-02-2007, 4:13 PM
Tyler,
I also thought of you when I heard this on the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the Twin Cities. I have driven over that bricge...makes it seem even more unbelievable.

mark

Ken Werner
08-02-2007, 5:03 PM
Glad to hear you're well, Tyler. Thanks for posting.

Ken

Jim O'Dell
08-03-2007, 11:03 PM
We finally got an e-mail from our friend in the Twin Cities today. He works (teaches?) at the University and said he is less than a mile from the bridge. Some of his architech students rushed over and helped pull people out of the river until emergency personel got there. Said that they were still pretty shaken up yesterday about their experience. Terry said he rarely uses the bridge since he lives the opposite direction in St. Paul.
Continued prayers for those waiting for the answers they need so healing and closure can begin. Jim.

Tyler Howell
08-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I've been real temped to go and peak at the seen, but our officials have asked us to stay away.
A lot of work going on and much more to do.
Gave my three pints of plateletts(sp) and wrote a check!:o

Joni Campbell
08-04-2007, 4:40 PM
Glad to hear you are all ok...My brother-In-Law lives in Minneapolis and they were here, Up North Wi visiting when the bridge gave way...I have been praying for all involved and will continue..Bless you