PDA

View Full Version : Need a laugh? Here ya go

TYLER WOOD
08-01-2007, 8:13 PM
Well laugh at me.

I am currently sitting in my office. Which in it of it's self is nothing funny. But I really want to go home now! Unfortunately our doos do not have hand turn locks. They only work with keys. I left my keys in the car this afternoon. Well boss leaves at around 6:30 and I'm still sitting here not thinking he will lock the door when someone else is in the building. YUP HE DID!!! So when I go to leave at 7:00 the doors are locked, my keys in the car, and he doesn't answer his cell phone. So here I am just letting you all laugh at me for being an idiot, while my boss holds me captive.

PLEASE LET ME JUST GO HOME!!!!

Think I can sue him for kidnapping me, mental anguish, or if I try to break the glass to get out and hurt myself in the process, get workman's comp too?

Jim Becker
08-01-2007, 8:17 PM
Sheesh...that's not fun! Is the boss the ONLY one with a key besides you?

Raymond Fries
08-01-2007, 8:22 PM
:eek: Good Luck getting out.

Order a very expensive carry out. He pays.
Locksmith - He Pays.
Day off tomorrow to settle down from the stress - He Pays.
Still not settled down Friday, day off - He Pays.
Fun time with the fam for the weekend to settle them down - He Pays.
This could drag on for weeks.

Milk it baby...:D

LOL - Take Care

Brent Dowell
08-01-2007, 9:21 PM
Not to be morbid, but isn't there some sort of fire exit?

Jim O'Dell
08-01-2007, 9:42 PM
That'll teach you to stay late. You should start sneaking out early more often.:D :D Jim.

Bruce Page
08-01-2007, 9:45 PM
That'll teach you to stay late. You should start sneaking out early more often.:D :D Jim.

That's just what I was thinking!

Randy Klein
08-01-2007, 9:51 PM
And if there isn't, call the Fire Dept, they have nice axes that can "pick" the lock I'm sure.:)

Steven Triggs
08-01-2007, 10:06 PM

That is what I was thinking. All joking aside, I think you should talk to your boss about remedying this situation for the future. If there were an emergency, like a fire, this would be really bad.

Andy Hoyt
08-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, but think of all the quality time you can spend creekside.

Leigh Costello
08-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Spare key for door $2.00
Calling out to see if anyone is still in the building FREE
Locking in employee EXTREMELY expensive
Locked-in Employee leverage for future commitments Priceless

John Schreiber
08-02-2007, 12:27 AM
This is the perfect example of something which is funny, but not funny.

For safety, there's got to be a way out, if not now, tomorrow there had better be.

Hope there are at least some snacks in the fridge.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Tyler.........Here's hoping you found your way out by now! I can't imagine any building except one run by some government agency that wants to maintain security that didn't have a fire exit. I wonder ....is this building in a city that has a fire code?

Jude Kingery
08-02-2007, 2:11 AM
Tyler, my goodness, did you ever get to go home? Yep, for awhile we were part of a governmental type agency and had to have our exit plans etched in the wall, printed everywhere from emergencies like tornados to fires. I had to re-write an exit plan to include disabled persons. I remember telling my supervisor, now what makes you think we'd leave a disabled person to fend for themselves in our office building? Of cousre we'd take care of anybody in our office, our whole mission was about crisis management. Good grief! But yeah, all the fire exits had push bars so anybody could get out anytime. Course that'd trip the fire department and cause a big scene, but yes, you could get out anytime. Hope you're home by now with your feet up resting comfortably! Jude

Ned Bulken
08-02-2007, 7:22 AM
visions of tyler raiding the company fridge for dinner...

so when did they come let you out of the building?

Jim O'Dell
08-02-2007, 8:09 AM
I can hear the boss this morning. "Tyler.....TYLER!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!! You look like you slept in your clothes from yesterday. You and the wife having a little problem?" :D :D :D :D
Hope you got out of there before too late! Jim.

Mark Pruitt
08-02-2007, 9:52 AM
So Ty.....
DID YOU SLEEP WELL IN THE OFFICE?
:( :( :(

I do hope you made an escape somehow.....

Jason Garrett
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
In high school I managed to lock myself into my dad's office building. I locked the keys in his office, then couldn't unlock the exit door at the bottom of the stairs. Luckily it was a "unique" old building, and the business on the third floor had a window that opened into the stairwell. I managed to stand on the handrail and climb through that window. I couldn't find a light switch, so I fumbled around in the dark until I found the fire escape, climbed down, and walked home. Dad sure thought it was funny. :o

Joe Pelonio
08-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I know your pain, I remember my incident as if it were yesterday.

Back about 1978, I was working as a service rep for the water district. I had to check readings on a water meter in a basement in downtown Oakland, CA, that was in an old, vacant highrise. The building owner met me there to let me in. I went to the basement, and with flashlight, dodging rats, searched for and found the meter, and verified the reading. When I came back up the owner had left, and it was a double cylinder deadbolt.

Thankfully the door was glass, so after 1/2 hour waving franticly I finally managed to get the attention of a passerby and got him to call the office so they could contact the owner to rescue me.

TYLER WOOD
08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Well I did get to get out at about 9:00. I was needing to work late this just gave me a reason to stay later.

answers:
Yes more than me and the boss have keys. His wife and another guy who live out of town about 30 minutes away.

Other exits? yes, it was locked too. Yeah safety hazard!!! will talk to him about that later today.

I normally do sneak out early. Unfortunately the boss is going on vacation next week and wants projects he has let back up to ge tout before he leaves.

I did spend a little time at the creek, hence this post. I needed to make sure someone was laughing. I sure wasn't.

Snacks in the cabinets were raided!!!

There is a building code/fire code. Not sure this place meets them. HMMM Engineers not meeting code. Wonder if that's an ethics problem?

Randy Moore
08-04-2007, 7:38 PM
HEY TYLER,

It has been almost 72 hours since your lock up started. Did you get out and if so, WHEN.
I would have gone out the fire exit but also put keys in my work stsion or desk or somewhere.