PDA

View Full Version : Jointech digital smart lift

richard poitras
08-01-2007, 12:55 PM
My question is does any one have one of these lifts and if so what are your opinions and comments about them?

Craig Thompson
08-01-2007, 1:25 PM
Richard,

I have 2 and love them both, repeatable. and havn
t had any problems yet....

Here is an older thread as well,
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=19881

J D Thomas
08-01-2007, 2:41 PM
I have one and it's dead-on accurate everytime. A true pleasure to use and the folks at Jointech are great to deal with. Plus, they're currently having a summer sale.

Jim Kenney
08-01-2007, 3:59 PM
I purchased a Smartlift Digital about two months ago and although I am happy with the quality of the lift itself, I have had problems with the plastic inserts not being flat.

The first set that came with the lift were about 1/32" lower in the center than on the edges. I called Jointech and they sent me a second set, which were slightly better but still not flat. This is in contrast to my Woodpecker inserts, which are aluminum and dead flat.

I am curious as to whether or not anyone has had this same issue.

richard poitras
08-01-2007, 4:44 PM
One thing I was thinking about also is how long does the battery last and how much money are the batteries? and were can you get them I did not see them on there web site....

Bob Michaels
08-01-2007, 5:35 PM
The Digital Lift really is a pleasure to use and dead on accurate. I bought the whole router table system (digital lift, phenolic table, cabinet maker system, legs, dust enclosure, all the accessories) at one of the shows last year and am very satisfied. At the time it was quite pricey but the current summer sale is really a substantial savings. Go for it.

richard poitras
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I purchased a Smartlift Digital about two months ago and although I am happy with the quality of the lift itself, I have had problems with the plastic inserts not being flat.

The first set that came with the lift were about 1/32" lower in the center than on the edges. I called Jointech and they sent me a second set, which were slightly better but still not flat. This is in contrast to my Woodpecker inserts, which are aluminum and dead flat.

I am curious as to whether or not anyone has had this same issue.

The digital lift sounds like its claims are supported here on the form but has any body had the same problems with the inserts like Jim had? Also the question about the batteries?

Paul Sidbury
08-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I like my lift also. Holds vibrations of the pc7518 well and seems pretty accurate to me. Its great for me because I do chamfers all the time and its easy to always set it to the correct height.

The plastic inserts aren't the best but they're just inserts. Mine are flat and I'm sure they would be easy to replace if they weren't.

Steven J Corpstein
08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I've had mine for about a year and am using the Jessem inserts instead of the Jointech. They fit great and just seem to be of a higher quality. I have absolutely no complaints about the lift though.

robert micley
08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
great lift but why do they have such cheap inserts. had mine three years

richard poitras
08-02-2007, 7:51 AM
Thanks every body for the input! It has been helpful…

Barry Anderson
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
I've had my lift for over a year and use it fairly heavly. The original batteries are still in it and working well. The rings seem OK on mine, but good to know about the JessM ones.

All the best ...

Barry in WV

Christopher Kanda
08-04-2007, 6:09 PM
I just ordered a complete setup with the digital lift. It should be here monday afternoon. I can't wait to try it out. Too bad I have surgury in a week so no playing for a few weeks.

Bill Hops
08-05-2007, 4:38 PM
Jessem originally made the router lifts for Jointech but I was told that Jessem was dumped 2ndary to quailty control issues.

Robert Mishler
09-14-2010, 7:23 AM
I have the Jointech Digital Smartlift and really like it. I have a small cabinet shop and the Lift is used almost everyday. However, the spline collar that accepts the crank recently broke and I have been unable to reach Jointech to get a replacement part. The 800 number is disconnected. The regular number is just an answering machine, and there is no response to e-mail. After calling several times a day for a week, I did get an actual person on the line, but was told they had no parts and did not know when they would be in production. Repeated attempts to contact them went unanswered.
I see they are still advertising, but be aware there may be no customer service with the product.
Lessons in how to destroy a great product!

glenn bradley
09-14-2010, 8:58 AM
I have been unable to reach Jointech to get a replacement part. The 800 number is disconnected. The regular number is just an answering machine, and there is no response to e-mail. After calling several times a day for a week, I did get an actual person on the line, but was told they had no parts and did not know when they would be in production. Repeated attempts to contact them went unanswered.

So . . . no one has ever had to replace the batteries and the customer service issues have not been fixed? Is that what I'm hearing? :confused:

Gene Howe
09-14-2010, 9:02 AM
Jessem originally made the router lifts for Jointech but I was told that Jessem was dumped 2ndary to quailty control issues.

And I was told that the parting of the ways was due to late payment issues.

Don Jarvie
09-14-2010, 4:39 PM
Check your local Rockler as they had these on clearence for 85 bucks. It was in store only.

Mine works great and the readout works well.

richard poitras
09-14-2010, 9:59 PM
This post is 2 years old ???