PDA

View Full Version : The things you can learn while "baching it"....

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Any vegetable matter that may have been in the fridge for 2 weeks before you leave for 10 days can turn to a green slimy semi-solid mass...

Even low fat milk can turn to "butter milk" if left in the fridge for 2 1/2 weeks past the "sell by" date......

I got caught up in work before leaving and was subsisting on frozen dinners. I vacummed, caught the laundry up, cleaned the toilets and did a bunch of "month end" work "work" projects just before leaving on 10 days of vacation. I got to sleep about 1:00 a.m. and got up at 3:00 a.m. to catch a 6:00 a.m. flight. I did get the mail held....the paper held...made arrangements for the lawn to be mowed but forgot to clean out the refrigerator. Wow....

Baching it for extended periods of time can be a learning process. I got home late last night and garbage pickup is today. Cleaned the fridge out this morning.....

Doug Shepard
08-01-2007, 1:00 PM
This is where the 2-second rule comes in real handy. If you only glimpsed a feint glimmer of green science experiment for 2 seconds, you can legally plead ignorance and deal with it later.:D

Brett Baldwin
08-01-2007, 1:52 PM
Takes a little bit of the shine off of coming home, doesn't it? At least you made some bacteria very happy for a while. ;)

Mike Null
08-01-2007, 1:56 PM
What I learned while baching it was how much I could like peanut butter and jelly.

Matt Meiser
08-01-2007, 2:01 PM
You could have just thrown out the whole fridge. :D

Glenn Clabo
08-01-2007, 2:31 PM
That's why when I'm baching it...nothing but brown bottles are allowed in the frig. I've never been a good bacholor...for some reason I just don't notice dust. Must be a gene issue.

Nancy Laird
08-01-2007, 3:26 PM
Ken, Ken, Ken.....

OOPS!! All that sounds like all of the excuses that David might have made.

I can sympathize: two days before we left to go on vacation for 20 days I cooked some shrimp and had a few leftover, so I stuck them in the fridge to eat on Sunday or give to the cat. Guess who forgot?? The ENTIRE CONTAINER got tossed; I wasn't even going to open it. Same with the egg salad I made from all of the eggs that were going to have to be tossed otherwise.

Hope you lined the vegetable drawer with paper towels! Take it from me---paper towels and veggie drawers were made for each other.

Nancy

Belinda Barfield
08-01-2007, 3:33 PM
Ken,

Must be a guy thing! "Baching it" is the best. I turn on the SciFi channel, do my nails, eat Thai food, let the dust bunnies have free reign.

When it comes to the fridge I just chunk everything - containers and all. My fridge has another dimension that swallows containers. Then, when I least expect it - like the mother-in-law visit - the container magically appears with unidentifiable contents actually eating through the sides of the container. Mother-in-law then appears to be impressed that I have tried a new dip recipe. :rolleyes:

John Schreiber
08-01-2007, 3:36 PM
Mother-in-law then appears to be impressed that I have tried a new dip recipe. :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek:
I could tell some stories but, those with weak stomaches would have to leave the room first.

Greg Crawford
08-01-2007, 3:37 PM
Coke, beer and canned chili pretty much last as long as we "singles" need. We also get to store our tools and projects anywhere in the house we want :-)

Belinda Barfield
08-01-2007, 3:53 PM
I could tell some stories but, those with weak stomaches would have to leave the room first.

Okay, all those the weak stomachs have left the building. Story?

Dave Anderson NH
08-01-2007, 3:55 PM
Batching it is no sweat for me. Every Friday nite I batch it while Sue spends the nite at her sisters house so they can make the 8AM Weight Watchers meeting. It's my chance to eat things that are bad for me and generate noxious gasses, get some shop time, and I get full unshared control of the remote for the tube. I love Friday nights.

Mark Pruitt
08-01-2007, 4:54 PM
"Batching" is when I can buy ice cream in half gallon containers and set them in the freezer in plain view and not catching......Well, I'll stop there.

Chocolate Moose Tracks. That stuff is incredible........:D

TYLER WOOD
08-01-2007, 5:18 PM
Batching it for me, going to Mike's house drinking his adult frosty beverages (A.F.B.), turning logs into sawdust. Then giong over to Greg's house raiding his A.F.B. stash, watch a movie. Run to Chineese restraunt for order of Lo Mein. Go home go to bed.

As for the remote issues she gave up a long time ago! And noxious emmisions, hey I'm a guy and she may be a girl, but we're both HUMANS:eek: let er RIP!!! :cool: Then run!:D

Al Willits
08-01-2007, 6:06 PM
Batching it means ya never have to say "what was that dear?"...:D

Don't sweat the frige Ken, nothing could beat the smell of the burlap bag full of crappies I left in the trunk of the car one sunday, then drove the bike to work all week long and discovered them the next week.
And ya, it was hot that week...

Al

Steve Clardy
08-01-2007, 6:13 PM
My truck knows its way to the small restaurant in town 4 miles away. ;)

Thats after the good leftovers in the frig is consumed.

Chuck Saunders
08-02-2007, 8:04 AM
My Boss stored the bounty from his moose hunt in the freezer in the lab. Left for the summer to work in New Hampshire. Sometime during the summer, and I assume it was early in the summer, the breaker trips for the freezer circuit. You know how when you open the door to a room and there is that "stale room" smell -- with just a hint of "somethings wrong" smell. Everything would have been fine if he hadn't opened the freezer.

Brent Dowell
08-02-2007, 9:41 AM
The dogs and I usually start up the 'FOFF' (Festival of Fried Food) when the wife is out of town. Fill up the fry daddy with peanut oil and head to the frozen foods aisle at the grocery store!