PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Fairy

GLENN THOMAS
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Im not superstitious but I post this because its kind of strange story and a small gloat. I came home from work this morning and one of the first things I did was check my e-mail. There was a chain letter in my in box so I opened it. Normally I tash that sort of stuff but by 10 year old son sent it to me so I had to read it. The letter said something about angels and special friends and blah blah blah. At the end of the letter there were instructions to pass it on and if I did semeone would give me good news at 9:12 PM. I look at the clock on the computer and it was 9:07, what the heck I had 5 min left so I forwarded it to my wife and forgot about it. Well a few min later (and guess what time it was) my 7 year old son walked up to me and said "Daddy, guess what, someone left some wood in our back yard." I had no idea what he was talking about so I went to look and found a bunch of freshly cut cherry, at least I was told by several folks that its cherry. Anyway after some investigation I found out that my neighbor got wind of my hobby and dumped the wood over the fence when he had some trees cut down. All the logs were cut down to a good size and of course all my plans for the day suddenly changed. I was so glad to see the wood I didn't notice the extra sunlight in my back yard. :D :D :D :D :D :D

GT

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Glenn.....Congrats! I just got back from a 10 day vacation in the mid-west but I think I'll go check my email!:D

Mike A. Smith
08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Stand by to be inundated with requests for you to forward that letter!

Paul Engle
08-01-2007, 1:13 PM
Is that a gloat in the dark ????:eek: :D , or ... nice haul :D be sure to seal em up good , that fruit wood lovesssssss to check and crack.

Bernie Weishapl
08-01-2007, 1:14 PM
Congrats Glenn. That should have some nice turnings in it.

Mark Pruitt
08-01-2007, 2:02 PM
Yup, that sure looks like cherry to me too. Be sure to anchorseal the ends right away!

Tom Sherman
08-01-2007, 5:21 PM
Cool gloat Glenn