PDA

View Full Version : Mini Milwaukee battery gloat

James Suzda
08-01-2007, 7:38 AM
Just a mini gloat but I received my new “free replacement” Milwaukee 18V batteries last week. The time from my initial call to receiving the mailing labels to sending in the bad batteries and receiving the new ones was about three weeks.
Jim

Tim Wagner
08-03-2007, 12:23 AM
were they bad from the word go? or did you have an extended warranty?

Have a place on the net where I just paid to have mine rebuilt. I was told that leaving the batteries on the charger for weeks or months at a time wasn't to good for them. :)

James Suzda
08-03-2007, 6:54 AM
were they bad from the word go? or did you have an extended warranty?

Have a place on the net where I just paid to have mine rebuilt. I was told that leaving the batteries on the charger for weeks or months at a time wasn't to good for them. :)

Tim, you might have not seen my post last month on the Milwaukee 14.4 and 18 volt battery recall. There is a danger of the older batteries exploding and have burned a few people. Anyway you can go to this site and read all about it if you have any of the older batteries:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/site.nsf/vwPromos/76ADD0B77ECDCB378625730C006DCBE0/$FILE/Recall%20Website%20PDF.pdf?OpenElement
(Or do a search on this forum to find my old message.)
As for charging my batteries I only leave them on the charger for the amount of time that is needed to charge them. Also, if you have had your batteries rebuilt, the chances are that the cells were replaced with cells with good vents and you don't have to worry. I also had two batteries that were just rebuilt by Batteryrebuilders and they told me that I have no concerns with their cells.
Jim