PDA

View Full Version : Whiteside Router Bits & Excellent Service

Scot Ferraro
07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
I am a huge fan of Whiteside Router Bits and a recent experience with their customer service has only added to my satisfaction with this company. I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel. I am making new cabinet doors and the bearing on my stile cutter froze -- luckily I only had a few cuts to make and I was able to finish the stiles. A quick email to Whiteside and the Plant Manager emailed me back and offered to fix the bit for free. I sent it in and yesterday I receive a brand new bit to replace the one with the frozen bearing -- no cost to me.

In my book that counts for some fantastic customer service. Guess which company will get my future router bit purchases :)!

Thanks,

Scot

glenn bradley
07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Always glad to hear about great CS. Even better to hear it about these guys. Love their bits. I use a drop of bearing oil after every session with my bearing bits.

Scot Ferraro
08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Glenn,

That's a great idea...on this bit something cracked which caused the bearing to freeze on the shank, but oil will keep the bearings running smoothly. I have used several different brands of bits, but I have converted most of them to Whiteside -- they seem to stay sharp for a long time, have always faired well in reviews and the three-wing raised panel cutter is amazing -- literally zero chatter and super smooth!

Thanks!

Scot