PDA

View Full Version : a mini gloat, just for you Bruce! lol

Joe Mioux
07-31-2007, 9:20 PM
I think Mr. Page needs to be placed on the pic police force.

here are a few pics of the new Minimax FS30. I accepted shipment two weeks ago.

I have to say that MM or probably more apropriately SCMI, really knows how to fasten a piece of equipment down to the pallet.

Heavy duty cardboard, some plastic Stops, wood and banding, held this thing in place nicely.

ON Sunday, I finaly had a chance to use it. It works great.

So, Bruce, here are some pics.

As you can tell from one of the pics, I still need to make this thing mobile. I tried placing the j/p on the mobile base myself, but it didn't work out well. Later this week, I will bring the tractor home with the loader and lift it on the mobile base.

Joe

Jim Becker
07-31-2007, 9:41 PM
Congratulations, Joe!!!!! A fine machine. Enjoy!

Paul B. Cresti
07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Joe,
Best of luck with it....did you get the mortiser with it also? Hey by the way what the heck is that big thing with the four big wheels doing in the SHOP! ;) ......What year is it and do you like it? I got mine when they first came out in 1998.

Bruce Page
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, it was worth the wait. :cool: That is one awesome machine Joe. The FS30 is on my list of pre-retirement acquisitions. I would actually gain space by replacing my mustard planner & jointer! I wonder how long it will take me to convince LOML of that…:o
Thanks for posting :D

Tom Cowie
07-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Looks like a Mini-MAX gloat too me.:D Big congrats Joe! That is a super machine and I'm sure you will love it.

Tom

Joe Mioux
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Joe,
Best of luck with it....did you get the mortiser with it also? Hey by the way what the heck is that big thing with the four big wheels doing in the SHOP! ;) ......What year is it and do you like it? I got mine when they first came out in 1998.

No mortiser at this time, probably in the future.

That "big thing:" is Anna's, aka wife and loml, shopping cart and kid mover.

It is an 04, 20 inch wheels, aftermarket, with Eagle GTS rubber. BIG RUBBER. The Durango is an SLT model with a 5.7L Hemi.

Not the best engine for Mrs. "I'm late for......" Mioux. That car hauls a..! It is fast.

Joe Mioux
07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, it was worth the wait. :cool: That is one awesome machine Joe. The FS30 is on my list of pre-retirement acquisitions. I would actually gain space by replacing my mustard planner & jointer! I wonder how long it will take me to convince LOML of that…:o
Thanks for posting :D

Bruce, i ordered it back in March when the guys in Austin had the original sale. I know I will enjoy it.

Oh, as far as convincing LOML's, do what I do, just buy it, hide it for 6 months, and when she finally sees it and asks, you can honestly say "Oh that old thing?, I've had that for a long time."

Guess where I learned that trick from!? ;)

Joe

glenn bradley
07-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Aw, come on Joe, get a real tool :D :D :D . Congrats on a very fine machine.

Don Bullock
07-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Joe, I have to agree with the others. That's one mighty fine machine. Congratulations.

I'm not quite sure how one goes about hiding something like that for six months.:eek: ;) The LOML wouldn't fall for that trick. I just have to convince her that I'm getting the best machine for the money I'm spending. Judging from how well I've done this year that strategy is working for now.