PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt radial saw

Harry Niemann
07-31-2007, 8:19 PM
I have an older Dewalt saw with a 9" blade. Since 9" blades are hard to find, would like to convert to 10". Does anyone have a 10" blade guard that they no longer need?

Randal Stevenson
07-31-2007, 8:40 PM
Are you a member of the Dewalt radial arm saw forums? You might find one over there, but they will recommend going with a smaller blade (like a Forrest WWI Mr. Sawdust blade, available ONLY by talking to Charles at Forrest).

Basil Rathbone
07-31-2007, 10:46 PM
My guess is that you have a saw that was not meant for a 10" blade, probably for a very good reason........power at the tooth. Let us know the model of saw you have, then learn as much about it as possible from books and the dewalt RAS forum as mentioned above so you can use it safely and pleasurably.

Kermit Hodges
08-01-2007, 7:45 AM
Frued has a lot of 9" blades. Woodworkers supply lists them and I am sure there are many others that have them. They are not that hard to find.

Randal Stevenson
08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Actually, after a certain time the marketers took over and the factories started putting on larger blades and changing the ways they rated the motors.

Being a 9", is this a model 925?

While not available by running down to the neighborhood borg, if you buy a better blade online, it won't need replacement that often. Buy two and send one in for sharpening.

Matt Meiser
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Forrest makes a 9" blade. Buy one of theirs, plus a mid-grade blade to use while the Forrest is out being sharpened and you will be set for a long time.

http://www.forrestblades.com/chopmaster.htm

If you do want to investigate changing the saw, I understand Original Saw Company still makes what used to be the Dewalt saws and they may be able to help with parts.

http://www.originalsaw.com/

Randal Stevenson
08-02-2007, 1:24 AM
PM me if you don't get feedback. I think I have one from a 1350, with no pawl or rubber dust hose. I will have to check tomorrow or Friday.