PDA

View Full Version : Folding Bandsaw Infeed/Outfeed tables ??

Doug Shepard
07-30-2007, 9:24 PM
OK. I give up. I'm almost certain I saw a WW forum thread somewhere in the last couple of years that had folding extension tables for infeed/outfeed on a bandsaw. For some reason, I think this may have been on a Minimax BS but I've tried checking the photos in the MM Users Group, SMC and Knots searches, Google searches, etc, etc. and am coming up blank. Maybe this was a magazine article instead? Anybody here recall seeing something like this that they could point me towards?

Jamie Buxton
07-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Here's a thread about my folding outfeed table for a bandsaw.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=11558

Doug Shepard
07-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Jamie. I forgot to mention that I did find that one of yours but was looking for something else I'd seen somewhere. The one I'm looking for had both a folding infeed as well as folding outfeed table. What I can't recall for sure was whether this was part of a complete auxiliary table setup or 2 separate hinged tables bolted directly to the saw table. For some reason I'm thinking it's the latter and I was trying to remember how they attached it to not interfere with the factory fence and rails. I also cant recall how they supported the tables when they were raised. I dont necessarily mind losing 3/4" of height to a complete aux table with hinged extensions on either side, but that would mean they also had a custom fence. I'm reasonably happy enough with the MM16 factory fence that I was trying to avoid turning this into a bigger project. I'll have to keep exercising my Google-Finger.
Your's would work and I'm definitely planning on doing your transformer mod one of these days. Just trying to locate that double table setup I saw somewhere.
Thanks