PDA

View Full Version : Mounting DW 735 planer on Rigid MS-UV 9940

Stuart Popwell
07-30-2007, 3:54 PM
I bought two Rigid 9940's for $99 each on the positive words on this forum about this stand. The last two of the old model so I bought them both. I agree very much after mounting my miter saw. Great stand.

My thoughts are to mount my new DW735 planer (also on this forums advice) on the second stand. It fits in the main area and would have supports for stock going in and out. To me the idea looks good, but I want to know what yall (yes I am from Alabama) think. Thanks

Tyler Howell
07-30-2007, 4:31 PM
Not sure but I think I started it. That will be $50 please.:rolleyes:
I have had my DW about 3 yrs and 4 sets of knives. The MSUV has been great for both my DW and Makita 10" SCMS.

Enjoy

Stuart Popwell
07-30-2007, 6:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did another (better) search and found your orginal post. That is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks again.

Chris Fierro
07-30-2007, 8:11 PM
Stuart,

I am new around here but was trying to work up the nerve to ask the same question. My SLCM lives on an MSUV and I was wondering if there would be any adverse affect to a planer mounted atop one. Not sure if the transition from horiz to vert or vert storing would have any negative impact on the cutter hear / alignment any such thing. Looks like a good plan for my small shop.

-CF

Charles McKinley
07-30-2007, 11:04 PM
The planer should be fine. That is a great stand. I planned on doing this as well until I found a Foley Belsaw molder planer this week. Pics and DW 733 for sale post to follow.