PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Good Morning.
30 Jul 2007

I don't know about many of you, but summer is moving on and I sure will be glad when fall/winter gets here. I can't take the heat like I used to, so I tend to be inside a lot during the summer months as best I can. Come On Fall!!!!

No woodworking for me this weekend. It's all been about family since Friday. The LOML and I went and visited my oldest son in the hospital on Sunday afternoon and then watched a movie with the other 3 kids Sunday night.

Today it's trying to get the house cleaned up, and spending some time with my younger 2 sons. We may venture out to see if we can find a watermelon to bring home, chill and eat. We all happen to like cold watermelon.

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
07-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Woodworking on Saturday...see my vanity thread. Sunday was a picnic, fortunately after the torrential rains passed.

Jim O'Dell
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Built the second torsion box top on Sat. afternoon/evening. Spent Sunday trying to get 1 long edge on each trued up to take the laminate edging. Still not finished, I've got a lot of Bondo sanding to do. The skins turned out great. Nice and flat. Jim.

Matt Meiser
07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Dennis--I hope your son is OK.

I did take off Friday afternoon to go pick up my new drill press and stop at Woodcraft for some T-Track for a new drill press table. After that I met LOML and my SILs for late lunch and spent the rest of the day with my parents, brothers, and SILs. Saturday morning more family time, then spent a little time straightening up the shop after doing a little rearranging to get the new drill press in place and the old one moved near the door for future disposition. Sunday was church, lawn mowing and just a little time working on the bath cabinets finalizing the fit of the doors and drawers. I just need to make the decorative bases and the filler strips, then sand and finish all the exterior parts.

Mike Cutler
07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Finished up the woodworking part of my Stickley Wall cabinet. Still have the harware to install, once it gets here.
Started making a Ziricote clipboard for LOML. Should finish that in the next day or so.

Tyler Howell
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey Dennis,

Great weekend.
Does splitting 6 cords of fire wood count as WW??
My timing is off I know. 90* but there was a great breeze, and plenty of water.
Some of the slabs were 26-30" wide.
The Kobota helped out a lot.

My youngest came up to lend a hand. 1st visit to the new place. She was a great hostest for a little Creeker gathering as Rick Schubert and his bride Jill stopped bye for a cook out.
Got to get in some last minute sailing. I met a friend in the Marina and he wanted to show off his new boat.
Wish I didn't have to leave. Only 216 more days.
Have a great week.

Steve Clardy
07-30-2007, 1:35 PM
Saturday was cabinet work as usual in the shop.:D

Sunday I did some cleaning outside the back of shop and on the property.
Trimming up some trees branches and such.

Then attempted to finish digging the post holes for the goat :o pen.

Bought a new auger for the post hole digger. That didn't help.:(
Finally went and got one of my sons augers, thinking a newer one would cut into this missouri mix of rocks and clay.
Nope. No dice. This ground has dried up so hard the augers wouldn't do the job. So I had to use the ol' manual post hole digger and a sharp bar to get down to 20". Then I filled the holes with water, soaking over night so maybe I can get down to 36" for the posts this evening.

Larry Fox
07-30-2007, 1:49 PM
Not much WWing for me this weekend, had to work a bunch last week and Saturday. I got a new compressor last week to support a new spray setup so I have been trying to integrate that. Amazing what incorporating one machine into a small shop involves in terms of planning / moving / wiring etc. Also decided to hard-wire my MM16 instead of running a cord every time I need to use it. Shop is better for it but I still like working IN my shop a lot better than working ON my shop.

Justin McCurdy
07-30-2007, 2:03 PM
I actually spent a decent amount of time in the shop this weekend, albeit sweating. I was able to biscuit and glue the frame to the chessboard I am making and then sand the top flat. That was followed up by some ROS work and chamfering the edges.

The only thing that remains is possibly filling some gaps, but they are really small, and the application of some Waterlox. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Nancy Laird
07-30-2007, 3:38 PM
Dennis, I hope that Samuel's hospital stay is short and that the reason isn't serious. Please pass him my best wishes.

My weekend--we got home late on Thursday from our travels and on Friday and Saturday, neither of us did anything constructive except go grocery shopping (after nearly three weeks, there was NO food in the fridge). Finally, on Sunday, we felt human enough again to get laundry done, three laser orders, and LOML got into the shop to do some spraying of some laser materials for future jobs.

Back to work today, and already have one of our good customers calling me with THREE jobs that need to be run.

Have a good week, everyone.

Nancy (144 days!!!!)

Al Willits
07-30-2007, 9:20 PM
Saturday after work, I headed for the garage to finish the storage cabinet, I discovered it was a bit on the wobbly side, so I was gonna add a few braces to it, then decided the heck with it as it was to hot and called it a night.
Sunday we took the new boat out and made it to about 1:00, temps were in the 90's by then, and the Sunday crowd was out, so we went home, no fish, but a nice sun burn...:D

Today we both had off, so we picked up the car/boat port from Menard's, got the truck in for its cruise control recall, and got the seat belt extender I've been trying to get since 2001, brought the boat back to the dealer to get the top installed came home and grilled some chuck eye steaks and peppers and now trying to recover.

Al....who did absolutely no cleaning this weekend...:)

Joe Mioux
07-30-2007, 9:40 PM
Actually used my new FS30 on Sunday. I need to learn how to lower the table. Continued with the outdoor dining table project. It will be nice when done and the new j/p will be very valuable.

Other than that, I did some yard work and water garden work. Two weeks without doing anything was a big mistake.

Joe

Tom Cowie
07-30-2007, 9:46 PM
Heavy rain here also but I did manage to get the rest of the kitchen cabinet doors sprayed and installed. 8 in all.

Tom

glenn bradley
07-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Got a good start on mom's b-day present; a small cherry box wth a walnut top and pegs. These little boxes are kinda fun.

Dave Sinkus
07-31-2007, 12:21 PM
....with the fine gentleman from Wisconsin - Karl Laustrup. Met up with him while vactioning in the Dells.

Not a weekend thing, but close enough. Got back Saturday night and Sunday, worked on the 2nd Adirondack chair for SWMBO.

Thanks again Karl. It was nice visiting with you !