PDA

View Full Version : Universal remote?

Quinn Kleerekoper
07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Been lurking for awhile and had an interesting observation today. When I turned on my Jet AFS-1000B air purifier with the Jet remote that came with it, my Grizzly 2hp cyclone collector turned on also. What are the odds if they are not manufactured by the same company? This will come in handy if I lose the Grizzly remote.

aaron allen
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Don't know what the odds are, but my garage door has been going up and own by itself all day. Cut it out!!! :D :D

Tyler Howell
07-30-2007, 8:16 AM
The remotes could be manufactured by the same company. Small world.;)

David G Baker
07-30-2007, 8:41 AM
Speaking of remotes, visited a friend yesterday that has not been able to use his remote on his Jet DC for a couple of months. I asked him to push the remote button a couple of times. He did and I heard a relay click inside of the plug part of the remote. I unplugged the remote, plugged it into another receptacle, plugged a light into the remote and had him click the control. The light turned on. I plugged the remote back in its original position, plugged the DC into the remote, and had him turn the DC switch to the on position. It worked fine. I suspect that the DC was manually switched off so the remote switch couldn't start it so he took the control out of the circuit. He had been starting the DC manually for the 2 months that he wasn't using the remote.