PDA

View Full Version : We really need a flyer!

Jerry Stringer
01-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Is there anyone out there who has the creativity, software, and time to create a professional looking flyer that we can put up in convenient places?

One that comes to mind would be a flyer to put in Woodcraft or Rockler stores where customers can purchase pen kits and drop them in a box below the flyer with their name attached as a sponsor. Once a week or so, someone can go by, pick up the kits, and make the pens.

IF the flyer can be uploaded in .PDF format, we can download it and print it as necessary.

Any takers? The quicker the better!

Thanks!

JDS

Ken Salisbury
01-22-2004, 6:48 AM
Is there anyone out there who has the creativity, software, and time to create a professional looking flyer that we can put up in convenient places?

One that comes to mind would be a flyer to put in Woodcraft or Rockler stores where customers can purchase pen kits and drop them in a box below the flyer with their name attached as a sponsor. Once a week or so, someone can go by, pick up the kits, and make the pens.

IF the flyer can be uploaded in .PDF format, we can download it and print it as necessary.

Any takers? The quicker the better!

Thanks!

JDSGREAT IDEA -- COME ON PEOPLE LETS HAVE A VOLUNTEER

Aaron Koehl
01-22-2004, 9:40 AM
Jerry,

I am currently working on the media campaign portion of this project- Due by the end of the week, I will have a 'resources' portion of the web site devoted to media content that can be used.
This will include any media resources that would be helpful for our members to market this project--flyers included.

_Aaron_

Tom Sweeney
01-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Here's one I made up - feel free to use it if you think it's OK.

This is a lower resolution file - to fit under the SMC file size limit. If you want a print resolution copy send me an email toms@realtymarketing.com

David Klug
01-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Tom, that looks great! Send me a copy @ evad53@yahoo.com and I'll take a copy down to Woodcraft Fri. when I go there.

Dave

Rod Torgeson
01-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Tom...I just printed out the Freedom Pen flyer on Kodak picture paper and it makes for one nice poster. Thanks. Rod in Appleton, WA

Dick Parr
01-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Very nice Tom, I saved it and will drop a copy off at the local WoodCraft store this weekend.

Aaron Koehl
01-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Tom!

I'll be sure to add it! We really appreciate your support!

_Aaron_

John Lock
01-22-2004, 1:05 PM
Tom, I think the flyer is great in layout and colors, but you mention "this forum" and "new website". Instead of "this forum", SMC's web address (perhaps the full url for the forum thread) and the freedompens.us web address might be more useful for a printed flyer. I saw the sawmillcreek.org web address on the bottom left, but we want those addresses to be obvious to anyone who might be able to lend a hand with this.

Here's one I made up - feel free to use it if you think it's OK.

This is a lower resolution file - to fit under the SMC file size limit. If you want a print resolution copy send me an email toms@realtymarketing.com

Tom Sweeney
01-22-2004, 1:36 PM
John, the www.freedompens.US URL is right below the Freedom pen Project graphic at the top of the flyer - in 18pt font.

I cut off the direct link to the forum cause the flyer is already a little crowded & I didn't have the room.

I assume that Aaron is working on a new website & that will probably have all the info people need - plus I assume links to this forum. once he is done (if that's what will happen) then I'm sure the freedompens.US domain will be pointed to the new site. So the larger freedompens.us URL, on the flyer, should be sufficient to get folks all the info they need.
If not I can certainly change it around some.

Thanks for the kind comments guys - just trying to help out this worthwhile project as best I can.

Tom, I think the flyer is great in layout and colors, but you mention "this forum" and "new website". Instead of "this forum", SMC's web address (perhaps the full url for the forum thread) and the freedompens.us web address might be more useful for a printed flyer. I saw the sawmillcreek.org web address on the bottom left, but we want those addresses to be obvious to anyone who might be able to lend a hand with this.

Keith Outten
01-22-2004, 6:14 PM
Allright Tom!

Nice job on the flyer, send me one when you get the chance. Sorry I haven't had the time to get back to you but I have been keeping up with your posts and it seemed you were doing alright without me :)

I have been absilutely swamped the last few days and it looks like there is no relief in sight :) Actually Ken and I are really enjoying working on the project along with all 1900+ of our woodworking ambassadors. Tomorrow I should have a few more details ironed out which will allow a few more items to move forward. I will post the details as soon as I can.

Ken Salisbury has left me in the dust, has logged more interviews and been able to acquire much more media exposure for the Freedom Pen project. The only way I can catch the Old Rebel is with a really big score so I'm working on it...Ken don't you rest :)

When Aaron Koehl pulls together Tom's work with all of the great suggestions we have received we should have a collective work that is impressive. The pens are starting to pour in, Jackie and I have been touched by everyone's effort and the sentiments are heart warming.

Thanks again to Tom and the Gang!

Julie Wright
01-22-2004, 6:16 PM
Ken is on his local CBS station tonight at 6:15

Mike Leonard
01-23-2004, 8:36 AM
Tom,

The flyer looks great. I have handed it out and posted it in various places. The only thing is that what most people notice first and comment on is Saw Mill Creek. What do you think about making "The Freedom Pen Project" logo more prominent and then under that sponsored by with the Saw Mill Creek Woodworkers Forums logo. I support making people aware of Saw Mill Creek but in this case we are trying to draw attention to the Freedom Pens Program. Maybe it's six one way and half a dozen the other. Just a thought.

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-23-2004, 8:54 AM
I agree totally Mike. While it is nice to promote SMC, I also think that the Freedom Pen Logo should be more prominant. Perhaps this can be altered to reflect this?