PDA

View Full Version : It was a good day!

Jerry Stringer
01-21-2004, 11:46 PM
The local newspaper agreed to come to my house after hours this evening to take photos of me on the lathe making Freedom Pens for a story.

I called and talked to the Fort Worth Woodcraft store and told them about the project and they want to help too. They're not sure how yet or to what extent but the manager did invite me to come to the store on Saturday to do pen turning demonstrations and talk up the Freedom Pens!

When I got home from work, a buddy of mine (whom I had mentioned the project to yesterday) had left a large plastic bucket on my driveway with about 100 walnut pen blanks in it. Seems he got up this morning and felt like he wanted to help so he cut up some of his extra lumber for the blanks!

The editor of the newspaper came out to take the photos and get the story information and I made a pen while she watched. When I gave it to her she was thrilled. She said she's going to get the story in the paper for Saturday morning so that she can include the information on the pen turning demonstrations at the Woodcraft store in the writeup!

With that, another friend who was with her gave me $15.00 to buy pen kits to sponsor some pens!

Yes, it was a good day!

JDS

Keith Starosta
01-22-2004, 6:21 AM
That's AWESOME!! People helping people.....in any way they can.

Very cool.

Keith