PDA

View Full Version : Dovetail bit for Incra LS Question

Raymond Fries
07-29-2007, 7:37 PM
I just purchased an Incra LS positioner and a set of Whiteside bits to go with it. I find it very interesting that Woodpecker only advertises Whiteside router bits to go with its LS and Whiteside is not listed as one of the compatable router bits on page 18 of the Master Reference Guide.

The reference guide states that other bits can be used but there might be a difference in the depth of cut. Has anyone had any problems with any of the templates with Whiteside bits. I am assuming they are OK but it just seems odd as stated above.

John W Parker
07-29-2007, 7:46 PM
I have used Whiteside bits with my Incra and they work fine.

Ron Robinson
07-30-2007, 1:14 PM
Ditto here. I've never had a problem with Whitesides on my LS.

Ron

John Lucas
07-30-2007, 2:47 PM
I just purchased an Incra LS positioner and a set of Whiteside bits to go with it. I find it very interesting that Woodpecker only advertises Whiteside router bits to go with its LS and Whiteside is not listed as one of the compatable router bits on page 18 of the Master Reference Guide.

The reference guide states that other bits can be used but there might be a difference in the depth of cut. Has anyone had any problems with any of the templates with Whiteside bits. I am assuming they are OK but it just seems odd as stated above.

I have always used CMT bits. But you will have no problem with Whitesside.
Woodpecker is a dealer for Incra and Whiteside and that is why they have those bits. Having said that, Woodpeckers is an outstanding dealer of both and you can be sure that they work and work well.

Jim O'Dell
07-30-2007, 3:45 PM
Wasn't it CMT bits that Woodpeckers had up until a year ago or so? Pretty sure they have only had Whiteside for a short time. But should be good bits as well as several other brands out there. Jim.

Gary Muto
08-01-2007, 1:14 PM
I bought my bits from Rockler. They sell a 3 pc and 6 pc kit. I like the 1/2" shank.

Bill Arnold
08-01-2007, 5:03 PM
I bought the Incra-compatible bit set for my LS from MLCS. They work just fine.